BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Handful, Birthday prep

Oh, Aeson has been such a handful lately! He's getting 4 molars, so he has wanted to nurse basically ALLLL the time. It's driving me nuts! I'm very happy to still be nursing him but it's just how frequent it is that is getting to me.

He now knows every single thing that he's not supposed to touch.. and for a couple days, when I would tell him "no" with one thing, he'd run back and forth to each "no no," saying "no no no no no!" I'm beginning to wonder if he even knows what "no" actually means!

On a positive note, he's started cleaning up after himself! He LOVES to throw things away or put things in the sink. I think it's adorable! He's so intelligent too.. It seems like he really understands everything we say to him.

He definitely does know what "no" means when it comes to something he doesn't want too! He'll either shake his head up and down over & over or say "no!" with a quick little shake of his head. Eric thinks it's the cutest thing when he wants to nurse, because he'll sign "milk" and then sign "please" and then shake his head "yes."

We're getting ready to celebrate Westen's FIFTH birthday! I can hardly believe I have a five year old (well, tomorrow I do)! I love how every birthday reminds you of the birth experience & what that child brought to your life when they arrived. Westen's birth was awesome, and there's always something special about the first baby you bring home.

Westen's actually finally sleeping in his own bed! We moved his room around last weekend, and I think that may be why he likes it better. He's slept in his own bed before, but he's gone through periods where he wants to sleep with us and we let him. This last time, it had lasted quite a long time, and he'd cry when we'd suggest sleeping in his own bed. I was really surprised when he went to bed just fine earlier this week AND only came into our room once through the night. He's slept just fine in it since!

Earlier this week, I was out buying Westen's birthday presents and when I went to check out, I realized I couldn't find my debit card. I walked all over the store multiple times and checked the vehicle with no luck. Eric ended up having to meet me there to pay, and I canceled the card as soon as I got home. This is the second time I have lost it in just a few months! I really need to be more careful! They just called today, and a customer did find it and turn it into the desk. Since I'd already canceled it, they destroyed it, but I was really happy that it was actually found and turned in, instead of out in the world somewhere. It also made me happy.. You always think the worst when something like that happens & I was definitely worried somebody had already gotten it and was trying to use it.. but then a good person actually finds it and does the right thing! I wish we could just assume that would happen, instead of the worst!

0 comments: