BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Vows, New Things, and Kid Updates

To answer questions first...

The song we chose was 'God Bless The Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts. It makes me tear up every time I hear it!

And our vows...

Eric went first:

Ashley (Middle name/Last Name), From the moment our friendship began, I knew there was something special about you. As we started talking I felt a comfort level so high it was beyond belief. That comfort has since turned into an intense feeling of love and devotion toward you. Today I stand before you and offer a lifetime of love and commitment to you. I promise to love and honor you through good times and bad times. I promise to be understanding even when occasions arise where we may not see eye to eye. I promise to honor and support each and every decision you make. And most importantly to love and stay faithful to you as long as we both shall live. You are my life and one true love.

Then me:
Eric, From the moment we began writing little stories through texts and finishing parts for each other, I knew I liked you more than I've ever liked anyone. When I saw you with Westen, when I saw how you treated me, and when I saw how comfortable we were together, I knew I loved you more than I've ever loved anyone. Westen adores you, and so do I. So today, I'm giving you the rest of my life. For better or worse, I want to spend all the time I can with you. I pledge to make it the best I can, to be there for you and support you, to stay committed to you, to respect and cherish you, and to love you in good times and in bad, as we grow together from this day forward.

For our rings, we each said: I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder or the vows we have spoken today.

We each wrote our vows on our own and did not share them until that moment at the ceremony. I just realized in typing that we both began with the same words. :)

***

We're still very busy getting the house put together! I have to take breaks pretty often and Eric continued to work this week, so we didn't have many days off together. We got a new LCD tv for the living room and a new stand to put it on... however, that left lots of things that had been on/in the old entertainment center that I now have to find somewhere for! We *finally* got curtains for the house. We repainted all the rooms last summer and had never gotten curtains. I have them tied with ribbon and they make the house look so much more homey. Our microfiber sectional will be coming in a couple of weeks.. which is good because we need to get rid of some of the things we have and move the other stuff around. We got a 4ft deep pool that is filling as I type. I wanted Westen to get one big thing out of the money we received and he chose a pool over a swingset! (I'm secretly glad he did :) ..although we'll still get a swingset too eventually) We also found a nice little yard swing that even Westen likes. Oh, and a new rug for the living room for when Baby comes (all our floors are hardwood).

We got SO many nice gifts from people too.. We seriously loved everything. My favorites are the things that came from family.. a quilt for our bed that Eric's grandma made (and matching pillow shams his dad made), an embroidered wall hanging from my shower that says The Behymer Home Est. May 30, 2009, and a plaque for the wall that is our wedding invitation.

***

News about the kids...

Three and a half must be a rough age! Westen has been SO bossy and defiant lately! He'll usually apologize later, but he has been getting more time-outs than usual. He tries telling us what he IS going to do and is constantly telling us 'no' or arguing with us. He's still my sweet boy the other half of the time, though. He still tells on himself.. When he's doing something he shouldn't do, he'll come tell me not to watch him. I love that lol. Makes it easy for me! He also wants to help with everything and do things himself. He helped me wrap presents for the first time today. He is also so scared of noises for some reason.. It's gotten worse lately. He's always hated thunder and other loud things but now he won't even play with some of his toys, he's scared of bubble wrap, and he covers his ears when someone pops gum or shuts a door. Hopefully it's just a phase. I have a funny story about him too... The other night he was drinking root beer and I told him he would probably like a root beer float. (He's never had one) A little later, he said "I want a root beer swimmer." Hahaha.. It was hilarious being here. Float must have registered as swimmer in his brain lol. Speaking of, he knows what his brain does and that it's in his head! I'm always shocked at how much he knows. I need to get some of his drawings on here too.. They are too cute! He always draws Daddy much bigger, himself quite tiny, and me in between. On the last one, he even drew the baby in my belly!

And as for little one #2, he/she is moving around right now! The movements are very strange to watch now because they're so much bigger. I'm just about 28 weeks and have been feeling very uncomfortable. I can't do much, particularly with all the restrictions, and I hate that and the helpless feeling that comes along with it! I don't have much longer to go though! Our sonogram is Thursday and I'm SO ready for it. I can't wait to find out more on the previa and to hopefully find out what sex our little one is!

2 comments:

Good Timing said...

I Love that Rascal Flatts song!! What a great song. My friend had it at her wedding as well and I think it is a perfect song to symbolize a wedding. :) Your vows to each other were so lovely.

Thanks for the nice message you left regarding my last entry, Ash. It made me feel better and I needed that. xo

Lerin said...

Your vows were so meaningful. What a great idea to personalize them.

I am counting down til Thursday. I am SO hoping that the previa has improved and you get to sneak a peek at baby. :)