BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, July 10, 2009

32 week appt and other updates

I am getting huge.. beyond huge! I feel like I'm going to blow up! My feet have been SO swollen lately too.. They hurt pretty badly last night.

First of all, big news from my dr's appt! I went today (32 weeks, 4 days) to have the sonogram done to look specifically at the cervix and placenta. He showed me the cervix... then an appendage of the baby's that was right there by my cervix :) (it looked like a foot to me)... and then the placenta. He measured, and the placenta is 3 centimeters from my cervix!!! 3 centimeters does not seem very much at ALL to me, but he seemed confident that we will be able to try a vaginal birth. He said I may have some marginal bleeding during birth but otherwise, everything should be fine. AND there's no chance of it moving back down. I also finally asked him if this would be more likely in future pregnancies and he said no- it's just basically a random thing. So that makes me feel lots better too! So NO C-SECTION!!! You have absolutely no idea how relieved I am.. AND all of my restrictions have now been lifted!! I feel like I can actually halfway get back to my normal self. I wanted a birth like Westen's so badly with this one and now hopefully I will have it! I gained another 5lbs this time.. in 2 weeks! :S I blame that mostly on eating out. We've (correction-- Eric) been re-doing our kitchen floor.. sanding, staining, and polyurethaning it and so we haven't been able to walk on it and therefore have done a lot of eating out! This leaves me 6lbs shy of the weight I gained with Westen, and I'm pretty sure that over the next 5 weeks I will gain more than that! Wow, that's crazy to think Aeson could be here in 5 weeks. (Westen was born at 38 weeks) My blood pressure was like 130 something over 80 something. Aeson's heartrate was 123. I asked if that was okay, because it seemed low to me. Doc said it's fine, though. Westen's heartrate was always much faster than this baby's has been.

Oh! Aeson is still transverse, though. Every once in a while, I am certain that his head is down (I can tell because he gets hiccups ALL the time) but he always moves back. I just read through old diary entries and Westen was also transverse all the way up until the very end (even at 37 weeks, they weren't sure if he was head down or not), so I'm hoping this one will be the same. My doctor said we could try to move him if he doesn't do it on his own.. I've heard that's incredibly painful, though, and has risks involved. So hope for me that he will turn around!!

I feel like he's already so big.. He's getting so heavy the bottom of my belly is sore a good majority of the time. When he moves, I can also feel him from the very top to the very bottom of my stomach and from the farthest areas of each side.

Job-wise, they figured out a way to keep us all full-time for July at least. We have no idea what will happen in August. The state still has not come up with ANY sort of budget and the fiscal year started on the first. They're going back on the 14th and hopefully we'll know then.

Nothing new as far as court is concerned. He either hasn't shown up or has rescheduled every time. I'm waiting on a call back from my lawyer now to go over our options from here.

Speaking of, we ran directly into him at Walmart two nights ago. We were coming out of an aisle just as he and his g/f were walking by. (We could have ran into them) Not a word was said, of course. I told Eric that what I think is even worse than him seeing his son and not saying a single thing or acknowledging him at ALL is that Westen sees him as a stranger.. He has no clue who he is. We, of course, have continued to hear absolutely nothing from him or his family.

Westen has been such a doll lately but also SO ..I'm not even sure what word to use! If he does something he knows he'll get in trouble for, he'll hide it (even right in front of us!) or SWEAR that he didn't do it. He's said that monsters do it. Most of it is silly stuff he probably wouldn't even get in trouble for but thinks he would for some reason! Last night, he had just woken up from a nap and we were on our way to my sister's house.. He said he didn't want to take a nap there, and I told him he didn't have to because he'd just taken one.. A couple minutes later he yawned and then immediately said 'That wasn't me. I'm not tired.' haha. It's so funny because in his little brain he probably thinks we'll believe it/won't see it/etc. :) He's such a good boy.. so intelligent.. always apologizing when he does something bad.. and is SO loving (always one kiss and two hugs!).. I've found myself wondering how much this baby will differ from him. I do wonder what life will be like having two children, but I have had none of the thoughts like 'how could I love another child' and that kind of thing that people say happens frequently.. I love Westen more than anyone in the world, and I'm certain that I will feel the exact same way about this one- and therefore both of them at the same time. I have no doubt I have enough love. :)

5 comments:

Good Timing said...

So happy for you that everything went so well at the doctor's! :) I can't believe you are almost 33 weeks. Where does the time go?? I pray everything is going to continue to go well. Westen is going to be such a good big brother. :)

Jenn said...

Yay for the placenta sorting itself out!

Riley went through that same "denial" phase at about the same age. It's frustrating (and he still does it sometimes!) but I just remind him that whatever he's done cannot be as bad as lying. I HATE lying, it carries the biggest "punishment" (restrictions, I don't beat him!) around here.

Anonymous said...

Jenn already said it but I would have called it denial myself. We have it with Matthew and he'll swear something is true then say right at the very end "only joking" It's part of the kids developments.

So glad that all is looking well for Aeson and a normal birth. x

Leigh said...

I am so pleased that the PP sorted itself out. That must be such a relief!! And I think all kids seem to go through the whole lying/denial phase. I saw on a documentary once that lying in young children can actually be a sign of intelligence! That may not be true, but it can be a small comfort when you have a child going through that phase!!!

Lerin said...

SOOOOO HAPPPPPPY that the placenta previa is resolved!!!