BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tiny Treasures Tuesday: Dr. Westen and 3 weeks old

I've already written one post today, but I want to start Tiny Treasures Tuesday (adopted from Lerin at mycatholicfamily.blogspot.com). This photo is from Westen's first visit to the NICU when Aeson was in there. Siblings had to wear a mask and while I thought Westen wouldn't want to, I was surprised to find out he loved it! He insisted he was the doctor, and he wanted to take the mask home. Lately, he's been very 'into' pretend. He is obsessed with Batman, Spiderman, and the Transformers. I don't think much time ever passes without him talking about them. :) He's gone between all three of them as his choice for Halloween costume, and I think he's decided on Optimus Prime. (Is that the correct name?? haha.. I don't watch any of this stuff!)

Westen's really adjusted well to Aeson being here. He was scared to touch or hold him at first but slowly he has started doing things.. kissing his head, holding him a couple of times. He wants Aeson to be able to talk to him. :) He always, always tells me when Aeson begins to cry (as if I can't hear him too :)). He loves helping by giving Aeson a bottle or binky, and he's been a HUGE help to me by getting things I/we need when my hands are occupied. Which brings me to a funny story.. The first time I went to nurse Aeson at home, Westen came up and yelled out 'Mom! I don't want him to eat you!!!' Oh my.. It still makes me laugh.

I haven't uploaded photos since we've been home and this is the best photo of Aeson's face from the hospital. I think I've already written mostly everything about Aeson. :) He's just over three weeks old now. I can't believe it's been that long already. I don't remember if I mentioned, but he has blonde hair and blue eyes.. really looks like his father and doesn't have any of my features, I don't think! I forgot to mention in the last post that the heart irregularities never showed up again after that first day either. I read that they can occur if there is a knot in the cord and it gets tightened during delivery.. so I wonder if that's what happened. Our little lucky, lucky boy. All he really does so far is sleep and eat (constantly!), with a few wakeful periods during the day/night. He gets hiccups constantly (multiple times a day), just as he did in the womb. His most wakeful time is always when we're going to bed, also just as it was in the womb! He's a sweet, sweet baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a wonderful entry. I love the pic of Aeson but can't wait to see him looking like the healthy little boy without the medical equipment as he sounds now.

Good luck to Weston with the Optimus Prime outfit. :)

Lerin said...

SO cute!