BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daycare; Christmas-time with kids

Does anyone know of any legitimate money-making things online or otherwise that you can do from home??

Now that I've told my boss, I can spill the beans here! I'm working on becoming licensed to do in-home daycare. I'm only one home inspection away actually. Problem is.. I can't find the kids! Yet anyway. I have several friends who have done or are doing it as well and they say I'll definitely get them.. sometimes it just takes a while. How long is what I'm not sure of! I've let the world of facebook know and I've put an ad online but nothing yet. :( I have one spot filled and that's going to be my niece/nephew who is due at the end of this month.. so I won't be watching him/her until the end of February/beginning of March. I want two more kids. I'm going to be putting an ad in the paper soon.. hopefully that will help. I was planning on starting in January, but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I can't go without a paycheck in between jobs either, so it's sort of crazy trying to plan it all out!

And.. since our moms can't continue to watch the boys past January.. I have two options-- See if I can go part-time at work until I find kiddos OR go ahead and quit and well, I guess that's not an option unless I'm making money somehow!!

Hopefully things will work out. Soon. I can't wait to be home with my boys.

We've been having SO much fun. Last week, we watched Christmas specials (like Rudolph) on TV. Westen LOVED it. We made Christmas cookies over the weekend.. Westen helping with the dough and then finishing off the decorating at the end (by putting TONS of sprinkles on them :)). We also went to see Santa on Saturday. Westen was a little scared before going, saying that he was not going to sit on his lap and asking if it was loud when he says 'ho ho ho.' However, when we got there, Santa held out his arms and Westen climbed right up! And then proceeded to talk and talk and talk! He told him all about the Transformers and Batman things he wants. Santa told him to leave cookies for him, something I had not told Westen yet about, so he's been quite intrigued with that idea since. It also snowed for the first time here and Westen was SO excited when he saw it. He thought that it meant Santa was coming! :) He went outside before I even left for work that morning to play in it. I can't wait until I can play with him in it! We also took some cute pictures (posted on facebook) of the boys to use for Christmas cards.. which I need to get done!! Speaking of, if I don't have your address, send me a message with it so I can get one to you! We're supposed to have our first big winter storm here tonight. I love it!

2 comments:

Leigh said...

How exciting about the in-home daycare! Hopefully you can get the extra children soon so you don't have to worry about the money situation.

Jenn said...

Build it and they will come. ;) haha - I have no doubt that you'll get a couple of kids soon, especially if you've got competitive pricing. You're a great person & I would trust my kids with you. So, good luck on that!

I'm glad you're having a good time with the kiddos. That's cute about Westen talking to Santa like that, haha. Aislyn hates Santa but when she met Cinderella I actually had to pull her away or she would have talked for hours! :)