BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

What a busy extended weekend!

First, I'll update you on the BWS. I was quite upset the first few days after the diagnosis, understandably, but now that the reality has set in, I'm somewhat better. The constant testing is still killing me, but maybe that will get better too. He had his first sonogram last Friday. They said the doc should have the results by Monday, but she did not at the time of our appointment and we haven't heard anything since. He had to get blood and urine taken Monday. Taking the blood was an AWFUL experience. The doctor tried for over forty five minutes.. sticking him in both his wrists and arms.. He screamed the entire time and she still didn't get ANY blood. It was horrible. I had taken a sheet in I got off the BWS website about how they should just be able to do a fingerpoke, so she said she would check with the lab. The next day I heard from the nurse and she said they CAN do the fingerpoke! Thank GOD!! That will be so much easier and less traumatic. His urine sample came back good too! AND, they got us in with a geneticist in St. Louis on December 10! It was a good news day. We have to drive further than we would have had to to go to the June appointment, but it's worth it!

Aeson has definitely showed that he's growing waaay more than the average baby. He's in 6-9 month clothes now and even wore a 12 month outfit the other day. He won't be four months until Dec 3. It's no wonder he wants to eat all the time. I'm just thankful that my milk has been enough for him. He still wakes 1-2 times a night, but it doesn't bother me. He never naps very long during the day.. usually only for a half hour at a time! That's kind of hard, because I don't have much time to get things done around the house but I know that won't last forever.

I also weighed myself this last week and had lost 4lbs in the last two weeks! Which actually puts me just below my weight when I found out I was pregnant. It certainly doesn't feel like it.. I suppose it's just distributed differently now. I'm hoping to continue losing.

So on to our weekend...

I was so thankful for a shorter work week. Wednesday evening, Eric and I watched Four Christmases. It was a lovely start to the Thanksgiving weekend. Thursday, I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and we watched Funny People (which was way too long). We went to Eric's parents for a late lunch and had all the Thanksgiving fixings. It was delicious and Aeson actually slept for most of the meal. After dessert, we watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and National Lampoon's Christmas vacation. We had a very, very good time with his family. The four of us stayed the night there, so Eric and I could leave early for Black Friday shopping! It was our first year going. We got up around 4am and headed out after Aeson ate. Unfortunately, since we were up, Aeson decided he wanted to be too, so Eric's mom didn't get to go back to sleep!

Anyway, Eric and I had an awesome time shopping. We went to Toys R Us first and got Westen done! I'm excited about the gifts we got him this year. It was super fun picking them out together too and getting such good deals! We then shopped for other family members at the mall and surrounding stores, ate lunch out, and then headed back to his parents. We spent some more time there before heading home to shop just a bit more, eat dinner at home, and then get out our Christmas tree! I was SO upset to find out that all of our Christmas tree decorations were ruined. We'd put them in an area of the basement that doesn't usually get wet.. only this year, with all the rain, it did. We hadn't even thought about it until we went down to get them. It's a big mess we need to clean up now. Ugh! I suppose that will teach me to put them in a watertight container next time. We made a run to Kmart to get some decorations, only we didn't have much money after the day's shopping! We got what we could and finished decorating (while listening to Christmas music :)) when we got home. Westen loved helping, and he also loved helping me wrap some of the presents afterward.

I can't believe I wasn't more exhausted by the end of the day yesterday. It was a good, fun day though.

Now we're up to today.. We have Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's tonight and I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow. Plus Sunday is always our clean house/do laundry/etc day, before heading back to a full work week Monday. Boo! :(

3 comments:

Good Timing said...

I am so happy for you! The whole tone of this entry was so positive, uplifting and encouraging. I am so happy that you are so happy and blessed. I am glad little Aeson is doing well - but poor man with the needles!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your busy Thanksgiving weekend. :) xoxo

Jenn said...

I'm sorry about your Christmas decorations! We have never had a problem with a wet basement but since so many people have, we bought wooden pallets to put underneath everything, just in case.

We went out on Black Friday too. Toys R Us had TONS of awesome deals, we are done most of our Christmas shopping too. Feels nice, doesn't it? :)

Lerin said...

That had to be terrible, having Aeson's testing! SO glad you found the information on the finger-poke. :(