BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The beginning of the daycare

So sorry I have been MIA! I've been reading via my phone, but I was so busy and then our Internet wasn't working.. and I didn't even want to try to update via my phone! Even commenting was too hard on there.

Anyway, the week before last, I was extremely busy getting things ready to start the in-home daycare. On Christmas Eve, I got a call from the mommy who had visited, asking me to secure a spot for her 8 month old. I then let my friend who had also been interested know, and she also secured a spot for her 2.5 year old. That left me full! It also left me only a week at my job! (Mom of the 8 mo old is a teacher and returned to work on the 4th)

Also on Christmas Eve night, after being in labor for a couple of days and pushing for hours with no result, my SIL and BIL had their first baby via C-section. Nobody knew the sex, and it was a GIRL! They named her Addyson Grace, and she will be called Addy. Come March 1, I will also be watching this sweet girl. :)


Christmas was different this year. My mom ended up canceling Christmas at her house (drama I don't want to go into!). Then, with the birth of Addy, Christmas with Eric's family was rescheduled. We spent Christmas Eve at my dad's house and then the hospital.. and then up quite late playing Santa's elves! Westen loved Christmas this year, and it was a lot of fun watching him enjoy it. We did make our first ever Christmas meal (complete with homemade noodles!) and had that with my sister and BIL. While it was different, it actually ended up being enjoyable. We had our Christmas with Eric's family the next week, and we got sooo many nice things!

For New Year's, my in-laws came in to watch the kids. We were going to have them stay there overnight, but we all decided together that none of us were quite ready for that! (Mostly, we agreed Aeson wouldn't be ready for it and were all concerned about that.. me especially!) We went to a party with my coworkers and then to the same bar we went to last year. Eric's brother's band played. Sometime hopefully I'll have time for a New Year's entry.. lord knows this past year was CRAZY!

Last Saturday, right after working my last day at work, Eric found out his hours had been cut at work. (Well, everyone's had.. not just his) I was worried at first but then thought.. maybe this is God's way of providing help I'll need this week! And boy did I.

Both parents decided to start their kids on the 4th. That Monday was the hardest ever! The 8 month old is actually a bit smaller than Aeson (now 5 months!!).. he can do a few more things (sit up, almost crawl).. but they're alike in a lot of ways. Both are breastfeeding, co-sleeping (I think) babies and it's hard to have a baby like that away from their mama. I've found out that Aeson is SO much happier since I've been home. He'll lay on the floor or play in his exer-saucer for hours now.. He would NEVER do that before. He's also sleeping easier and more.. It is SO wonderful. He's no longer that very needy baby he seemed to be before. However, the other baby is! He wants held a LOT and while I try to do it as much as possible (my body was more sore than it had been in a LOOONG time from caring for four children.. and two 20+ pound babies!), it's hard to do when I have other children to care for. The older two boys entertain themselves and play together very well, but I also do activities, learning exercises, and reading with them every day. It was so hard to fit it all in, divide my attention, and give everyone their needed attention.. even with Eric here! With the addition of less sleep than usual the night before and irritating news from work, I was about in tears by the end of the day. I couldn't even imagine doing it without Eric.

Each day did get easier.. but still a struggle.. and I even did it on my own on Wednesday. Any tips from other moms would be GREATLY appreciated. Thursday and Friday ended up being snow days, so we had no kids! We got to spend it with Eric on Thursday and played in the snow with Westen. Friday and Saturday Eric worked, and we got quite bored! I'm afraid we will have to start all over with the kids and the routine tomorrow.. We'll see how it goes! I just want to be able to provide for everyone's needs and have them all happy. AND I'll be adding a two month old into the mix March 1!

It's sort of scary starting your own business. You never know what will happen. The 8 month old won't attend all summer either since his momma will be home.. so I'll have to try to find more kids just for the summer or make do with less money (which I'm not sure is possible). I do love being home, though. I worry a bit about Westen getting too bored.. It will be nice when we can go outside.. but he will probably start preschool in the fall too.. maybe. :) Aeson's happier, though, and my house stays cleaner.. I have more time for all those things.

Prayers (and advice!) would be MUCH appreciated!!

3 comments:

Good Timing said...

I wish I had some advice for you about the dayhome and the babies, but do know that I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Oh, and you CAN do this!! :)

Tia said...

happy new year!!!

Always Hopeful said...

Wanted to say hi and thanks for the comment! So sorry it took me so long to getting back on Blogger to do that! :) Anyways, good luck on your in-home daycare!