A couple of weeks ago, Eric's aunt told us about burying a St. Joseph statue to assist in helping sell your house.. I hurried up to the local Catholic store and bought a small one, burying him first like this & then re-reading what she had written & re-burying him the way she had.. but still nothing. We had a lady we thought was interested, but we haven't heard anything. I need to get my daycare income back soon, so I think we'll be taking it off the market in a couple of weeks.
Last weekend, we went swimming at my Dad's for the first time this summer. This is a picture of Aeson's teeth while we were there. They're out far enough that you can clearly see them now. The two on the sides of the front two are starting to come through as well. My poor teething boy.. getting them all at once! Anyway, Aeson was scared of the pool at first but quickly warmed up to it & really did well!
Westen's been especially funny lately. He's been calling the movie theater the "movie peter." He also got a strawberry kiwi slushie at DQ the other night and said it tasted like strawberry & seaweed! Chelsea asked him if he meant kiwi, and that is in fact what he meant. :) I may have written about his knock knock jokes before, but just in case I didn't, this is how they go... "Knock Knock," "Who's there?" "Westen," "Westen who?" "Westen Behymer!" He doesn't quite get the concept... :) He gets so angry when we say them to him and try to be food.. He says we CAN'T be food! He continues to draw all the time and lately has started drawing angels and Toy Story characters. His drawings are so unbelievably good for a 4 year old! I would love to get him started in some art classes or something.
This past week, Westen said out of nowhere that he's ugly. I continually told him he wasn't (that he is, in fact, beautiful! :)) but he remained persistent that he is ugly. I have no idea where he even got this from. When I tried asking him, he said he just looked in the mirror and he is. :( I told him good things about all his features, but he remained certain. He said it for several days, so I finally asked him who else is ugly. (I'm not sure that he even knows really what it means) He said nobody, so I asked who he thought was pretty & he said me.. I told him that he looks like me, so he must be pretty too then! Since then, he hasn't said anything again. I'm hoping that no one said this to him, but it also makes me much more careful about what I may be saying about myself or other adults may be saying around him.
Aeson's been standing for longer and longer periods of time. The other day, he stood in the living room looking at a book for at least 30 seconds. He's started pushing his play table around the room, walking behind it. I'm pretty sure he will be walking in no time! It makes me sad! He's getting so big! We're busy planning his first birthday party and I can hardly believe it.
Yesterday, we had a very, very busy day. After Farmer's Market, we went to the pet store to get our fish some feeder fish and while we were there, we saw a couple of cute kittens. Westen begged me for one, so when we got out to the car, I called Daddy to see what he thought. We ended up going out to the shelter to look, and I'm glad we did. They now have TWO rooms FULL of cats and kittens. There were a couple of older cats whose time was about up, and it just broke my heart not to take them! We really wanted a kitten, though.. One whose habits aren't already formed and one who could grow up with the kids. We already have outdoor cats, and I had considered bringing one of them inside.. but they're so used to being outside now and show no interest in being inside. So, we got this little black and white one you see. Westen named him Starscream (a Transformer). He LOVES him. He's been really good with him too. Aeson even has as well. He giggles at him and touches him with his fingertip. Last night, he was curling his fist around some fur but the kitten didn't seem to mind. Our dog doesn't care less about him.. and while he was afraid of the dog at first, he now couldn't care less either!After all the errands of the morning, we had Amber's baby shower to go to. She was one of my bridesmaids, and she's expecting her baby girl the first part of October. Another of my bridesmaids is also pregnant now (with her third boy!) and due in September. I got to go visit her last week too.
And finally, last night we had a cookout at our house for my mom's side of the family. My sister and her family (above) are moving to Chicago next weekend. We had a good time with everyone, and the food was delicious! We spent most of our time indoors, because it was SO hot and humid.. but we did go outside for a while, and the kiddos got to play with water balloons. We're going to miss all three of them so very, very much!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

3 comments:
awww to the bridesmaid baby boom and the best of luck to your sister and co. x
Love hearing about how Aesons doing, he sound like he is doing really well and I agree it's crazy that we are already thinking about first birthdays!!!
Enjoy your week. xx
I love all the pics and the new kitty is SO cute. I love that his name is a Transformer's name! My CH would love that except that I think he is a Decepticon! :P LOL! So you are not going to be moving anymore? I really hope our place sells!
Not sure if this is what's going on or not.. but one time a while back my son also told me he was ugly. I freaked out! Haha ... turns out he had heard the phrase "so-and-so was being ugly" in reference to a rude/bad mood. After a long time of questioning and freaking I realized my son wasn't talking about physical stuff, he was talking about feeling bad on the inside.... (Not that that's any better! So hard to think that they worry about this stuff at their ages...)
Post a Comment