BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Getaway

We spent the 4th of July weekend in Burlington, IA with my sister, her hubby, and their baby. We left Saturday afternoon. We realized we'd made a BIG mistake when we got to the hotel we'd booked. It was close to Fun City, where we were going to be spending most of our time, and much cheaper, so we'd booked it online. The whole place looked rather shady and when we got in the room, there were dead bugs ALL over the carpet. Every little thing was definitely less than clean! It had sounded nice online and there were even photos, but it definitely was not what we thought! They offered to change our room but then the lady was being less than friendly and even the 'nicer' area looked iffy, so we ended up getting a refund and checking into the hotel across the street! Thank goodness they had a room available. The extra money was definitely worth it!!!

After that whole ordeal, we finally went to dinner, where I realized I had forgotten my ID! No gambling for me! :( We went to Fun City that evening. Westen LOVED it all. Laser tag was probably one of his favorite things. He wouldn't ride the go-carts with Eric, but they had little kiddy ones that he drove himself! It was so funny to watch him. He went sooo slow! :) He was quite concerned about wrecking too, after seeing the adults do it!

When we got back to the hotel, we tried to take the kids swimming. Westen's stayed in lots of hotels when I've had to travel for work, and he LOVES the pool and hot tub. The pool was really too cool for the babies, though, and Aeson was a little bit scared! He started shaking and then clung to me the entire time we were in the pool area.. and we only put his toes in!

On the 4th, we started out swimming again and then went to Big Muddy's for lunch. It was yummy! We headed to their fair afterwards. Westen got to climb up in a fire truck, he won some silly prizes, and he got to ride on a pony! It was rainy, but we braved it! We headed back to Fun City that evening for more games and watched the fireworks at night. While we were waiting for them to begin, Aeson pulled himself up using me to hold onto and then really wasn't putting any weight on me at all... Then he took his hand off completely and stood for several seconds! After he plopped down, he even joined in in clapping for himself and then he did it again a few minutes later! He doesn't seem nervous or scared at all. I think he's going to be walking before we know it! I am SO not ready for that yet! I can't believe his birthday is in less than a month too.

Oh! One more thing I forgot to write about was that on our first night there, my camera died and I had forgotten to check it or bring the charger before we left. I still had my phone to take some pictures, but I was disappointed! It's charging now, so I'll add some photos when I have the time!

Oh, and as for the fireworks.. Aeson watched them but wasn't bothered at all! It was a fun little getaway, and Westen had a blast the whole time. It was good spending the time with my sister and her family too, since they'll be leaving us soon!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Sounds like a lovely trip, minus that whole sketchy gross hotel! Eeeek! You just never know with some places do you??

And thanks for your comment about getting the house ready to show. You were spot on! Although it is even harder for you because you have to clean the house and then get yourself and all those kiddies out the door. We have another showing booked for this week so hopefully these people will like it and not realize it doesn't have three bdrms or a garage! :P