BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Funny Boys

Westen has continued to say funny things almost every day. I wish I could remember them all! He's started his Christmas list, and it's quite funny. Actually, I'll just copy & paste it for you!

gi joe toy story lego
big buzz lightyear
toy story store lego set
toy story rocketship lego
lego airplane yellow
green lego car
blue motorcycle lego
huge airplane that you build forever lego set
buzz lightyear with wings
jets at Walmart & helicopter & airplane
moonsand that you put in the roof on the farm & it turns into an animal
transformers freedom fighters

Today, he was looking at wedding pictures & he said "Mommy, you married Grandpa Jim??" He's also asked several times lately why people were called whatever they were when they were born. He finds Aeson's name strange. He asks a million questions, a lot of which I can't really explain! (like things about the moon, sun, storms, etc) He's already very excited about Halloween and Christmas. He's decided he wants to be Batman, Aeson to be a bat, Daddy to be a gorilla, P-nut to be SuperDog, and I don't think he's decided for me.

As funny and darling as he is sometimes, he's also been quite challenging lately! I don't know how to teach him respect and politeness... without just being that way toward him. I also don't know how to teach him the value of money and possessions. Last week, he was on a kick where he just did not understand why he couldn't have McDonalds for every meal and watch tv all day and night. He's been in time out often lately and gotten tv taken away several times. I hope things start to go a little better once he's in school and out of the house for short times.. Hopefully it doesn't go the other way and he learns even more bad behavior there! He doesn't start until after Labor Day, and he's going in the afternoon, which I'm happy with. Hopefully it won't be too hard getting the daycare kiddos in and out.

Aeson's learning more and more each day. He started taking one step just around his first birthday and yesterday he took two. He just doesn't quite have his balance. We have a couple of train/truck toys that you can push around and instead of pushing them from behind like you're supposed to, he pushes them sideways! I think he needs the extra leverage. He recently started saying "ni ni" for night night. He signs "milk" constantly and others like "more," "bath," and "all done" less frequently. Today, he climbed up on the couch all by himself for the first time. He's enjoyed climbing stairs for some time but he hasn't figured out how to get down from places.. and he also hasn't quite realized when there's NOTHING there to sit back on! Scares Mommy to death! His last round of bloodwork and sonogram came back normal, so thank goodness there. His lead screen came back fine, but he was slightly anemic. I think his score was 9.7 and they like it above 10.5. His doctor started him on iron supplements two times a day. He actually likes taking it! The baby that's three months older than Aeson (more of a toddler then, huh? :)) returned to our daycare with the start of the school year, and it's so fun to watch the two of them. They play together pretty well & entertain each other. Aeson's really good about sharing and was sharing his cereal yesterday, even putting it in the other little boy's mouth for him!

One word that definitely describes life with a 1 year old is repetitive! Everything that I like DONE, Aeson likes UNDONE. He'll pull all the towels off the shelf, push freshly folded laundry down, throw all the diapers off his changing table shelf, take picture frames down, etc... I fix it, and he does it again!

I'm really enjoying have a one year old, though. :) He's so funny. He repeats things that we find funny, or if he hurts himself, he'll gently do it again, like he's showing us what happened.

0 comments: