BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Westen's first 'girlfriend'

Starting a few weeks ago, a couple of girls I met through LLL and I have been meeting every Thursday, just to hang out and get to know each other better. One of them has a 4 year old daughter and she attends the same preschool as Westen. They play together the entire time without any problems whatsoever. This past week, when Calla's mommy came to get her, Westen & Calla both started protesting, asking for Calla to please be able to stay here or for Westen to be able to go to her house. Shannon (Calla's mom) said something about not needing to see each other EVERY day, to which they both protested with Westen saying "We're boyfriend and girlfriend now!" and Calla shaking her head yes.

The next day, Calla came with us after school to stay for a bit. Once again, we went through neither of them wanting to leave each other when it was time to go (and Westen even crying because he said he would miss her!). While she was here, I also overheard him telling her he loves her! I think he was actually trying to get her to come do something with him and he was like "But I like you.. I love you!"

Later that night, Westen told us that he'd kissed Calla! I thought he was joking, but he swore up and down that he was not fibbing. He said that she'd said "Let's kiss!" while they were playing house in the playpen they'd made into a 'tent.' He kissed her right on the lips and even showed me how he did! I didn't know how to respond! I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with my FOUR year old!! He obviously picked up on this, telling me that it was "okay because I love her." Oh boy!!!

I still don't know quite what to think about it! I thought it was cute and funny, but I also don't want him to grow up too fast! Parenting is so much harder than you think it will be!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

This story is funny! (and cute) We go to LLL also, but ours isn't too big--only 4 or 5 moms and usually not all there at the same time...

Jenn said...

That's completely adorable! I laughed at the "okay because I love her" part, haha. But still, I can see what you mean about growing up too fast.