BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall

I love fall! I can't believe I forgot to write about us going to Tanner's Orchard a few weeks ago. It was quite a drive, but it was a lot of fun. We went apple picking for the first time and everyone loved that. We brought home LOTS of apples and everybody ate some along the way. Even Aeson, who had never had a whole apple before, started biting into one and did just fine with it! They had a little shop where you could taste all sorts of yummy things. We brought home some apple cider, cider doughnuts, and fudge. The kids got to feed farm animals, ride on ponies, and play on the playground.

We've had our house decorated for quite some time already. Westen was very anxious to do it (and as I said, I love fall & Halloween), so we let him. He's painted a pumpkin, but we haven't picked out any to carve yet. I think we may do that this coming weekend. Yesterday, we had to go to Quincy, so we stopped at an orchard there and got some more cider & apples. I also let Westen pick out a craft project at the store yesterday, so last night we all sat down & made a spiderweb and spider to go on it. Westen says he wants to go to the haunted corn maze this year, so I think we'll try but we'll see how he does!

Both kids have been able to ride on the combine with Dad this year. Both love it! Westen asks lots of questions and Aeson just lays back on me and takes it all in! I figured he'd be into everything but it was actually the opposite.. He was very relaxed.

Pottying Aeson has been going pretty well. It makes me very happy when he goes in the potty! We're not pushing him or doing it full-time or anything, but this way, he can get used to it and he seems to like it. He'd only gone pee until last night. This is the first time I've done it this early, so it's a learning process for both of us!

I went through Aeson's drawers this morning.. It seems like I have to do that monthly. He grows so fast. He's really turning into quite the little boy. He LOVES music too. Anytime he hears any type of music, he'll instantly stop what he's doing and either watch or start dancing and/or singing himself. I think he's going to be musical!

Finally, we got some good news a couple weeks ago.. My sister & her family are moving back! We're beyond thrilled & I can't WAIT to have them back.

3 comments:

Good Timing said...

The orchard and all the fall activities sound lovely! I love fall too! And great news about your sister moving back!

Jenn said...

I love fall too! :)

Glad for the update, it sounds like you guys are happy & doing really well. :) xoxo

Unknown said...

I am going through Aiden's drawers nearly every week as well!! Yay, that's awesome your sister will be back in town. :)