BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Parent Teacher Conference & 15 Month Appt

Wow, it's been almost an entire month since I last wrote!

We had our first parent/teacher conference for Westen in October. I was actually nervous beforehand! Westen's pretty well behaved, but you never know how your child is when they're away from you! Anyway, it went very well! Some comments from the report we were given include...

"plays cooperatively with anyone. More connected to activity than person."
"Westen is kind and a good playmate"
"Westen is eager to please his teachers and well-liked by his classmates. Enjoy!"

She said she has never heard a bad thing about him from any of the other students. She did say he prefers to play on his own more than with the others and then will sometimes be upset that he didn't get to play with whatever the other small groups were doing. He's always played on his own, even as a baby in daycare. I think it's good that he can entertain himself but still get along well with the 'group' too. His teacher was very impressed by his artwork. She gave me a couple of samples and the name of another teacher who gives art lessons. He is amazing. He draws way better than I can!

Mrs. Carlson also said Westen hadn't sung before the Halloween program, but he did that day. She was surprised when he did! I wonder if the music classes we've been taking have helped with that. We started them just a week or two before the Halloween program. He sings the songs around our house but apparently was too shy to try during circle time at school. He would say he had a "broken tongue." :) So creative! He's doing well on all the pre-reading things and will definitely be ready for Kindergarten.

She said he's hesitant to get messy during art activities. She also said she can tell he could be easily bothered by something and could dwell on it, so if he EVER mentions being upset about anything at school to call her right away & she'll reassure him.

Overall, I think he's going to be a lot like his momma! I was very proud of him after the conference. He's such a good, sweet boy.

I love both my boys ages right now. Westen's been telling us to have sweet dreams before bed, and he's an amazing big brother and cousin. He's so caring and helpful towards the babies. Last night, he helped me make vegetable soup and I even let him cut some. We've been singing a "chop chop chippity chop" song in music class, so he was really excited to help out. Until it came to the onion! He was so confused when his eyes started to water. It was pretty humorous. :) He quickly decided he'd let me finish the onion! After I'd finished helping Addy out the door, I came back into the kitchen to find Westen talking out loud. He told me he'd been talking to God. :) He also swears that yesterday during school, when they'd gone over to the church, he heard Jesus talk.

Aeson is also getting so, so big and so smart! He understands so much of what we say now. He'll start the motions to songs I start to sing from music class, and he can do more and more motions all the time. He's using more sign language, saying more words, and making more animal sounds. He had his 15 month checkup on Monday and could do every single one of the milestones on the checklist. He weighed 29lbs, 4oz and was 33 1/4 inches long. In the 94th percentile for both. His growth did slow down over this last 3 month period. He's definitely more active now! He really never stops moving unless it's to nurse. We have to get his usual sonogram and bloodwork done next Monday. I dread that every time. They'll re-check his iron as well, and I'm hoping that's better so we can do without the supplements.

Aeson's also always so happy these days. He thinks everything is funny and has a wide-mouthed fake-sounding little laugh that's absolutely adorable. I can't even express how much I love being home with both my boys & being blessed enough to not miss out on a minute of their lives!

2 comments:

BeckyT said...

YOU sound incredibly happy too.

Well done to both boys xx

Jenn said...

I love reading about your boys. It's obvious how much you love them when you write. :)
Westen is too clever; I love the "broken tongue" haha!