BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter, Field Trips, and Mother's Day

I haven't had time to write lately, because I've been soooo busy with school. My last class was on Monday, so I am officially done for the semester; however, the couple weeks prior to that class, every available second was spent on the things that were due. My head and eyes hurt from looking at the computer so much! Normally, I wouldn't wait until the last minute to do everything; however, these last projects were based on whichever theory we identified with.. and we had to get through all of them before we could be certain that was 'our' theory. Anyway, I survived a 10 minute presentation (with an A!) and gladly turned in my essay final and my 20 page final paper. My house was so neglected during that time too, so I've been super glad to be able to clean again!

Let's see how much I can remember from the past several weeks...

The night before Easter, Eric's mom watched the kids so he and I could go see his brother's band. We had a great time- I always do when we go see them! We went to church with his family that Sunday and dinner was at their house this year. It was delicious and the kids loved the egg hunt afterward. We had also gone to the hunt in Adair again this year, and the boys loved that as well! I'm going to have to get some pics up on here, because once again, Aeson LOVED the Easter Bunny. I love his age right now - It's so fun! Anyway, after Easter there, we stopped by my mom's house, so the boys could get their Easter gifts, and then we all ended up going out to dinner. The boys got so much candy & other things this year.. I don't remember ever getting that much as a child!

Westen's class had a couple of field trips. Due to cold weather prior to Easter, we didn't have our field trip to his teacher's house until after Easter, but they still had a little hunt and the kids were able to play there and see the lambs. Last week, we went to a local nursing home, where the kids sang songs and gave flowers to all the women present (except Westen- he gave his to the only man there!). I was happy I got to go on each trip with them, and I hope I'm able to in the future!

Mother's Day was very nice as well. On Friday, Westen came home with a magnet he had made me (his picture in a flower pot) and a poem with his handprints on it that had been laminated. I almost cried, they were so cute! He'd also written what he was going to do for me for Mother's Day and that was to pick up all his Lego's! :) Eric had to work Mother's Day morning, but after that we spent all day outside! Eric's dad tilled the garden area for me that morning (so thankful for that!), so I was able to get almost everything planted that day. I'd already planted red and yellow onions a while back but now there is also radishes, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, and tomatoes. We're also going to try raspberries this year.

It has finally, finally gotten warm here! We've been outside the majority of the day for the last several days, and the kids LOVE it. We've even eaten several meals out there, which Westen thinks is fun. We bought the kids a sandbox for Easter, and they've enjoyed playing in that. We also got them a little kiddie pool yesterday, which Westen loves but Aeson is so far afraid of!

Westen has only a couple more weeks of school left, and we're definitely looking forward to summer. Aeson's less than 3 months away from his second birthday!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

YAY fir being done for the semester! Congrats on the A miss Smarty Pants! :) Enjoy the nice weather with your boys! xoxo