I was hesitant to say it before, but I think I can now finally say Aeson is sleeping through the night! (which also means he has totally night weaned!) He falls asleep on his own (with us in bed next to him) and sleeps until about 6a.m. & then he'll usually crawl up in bed with us & nurse & go back to sleep until around 8. He's done it for about a week and a half now, so I think it might stick! It started when it got really warm out and we had the windows open and the fan on.. Once it got chillier and we stopped those things, he did wake up a couple of nights but was able to get back to sleep on his own. (I wondered too those nights if his legs or teeth were hurting, because it seemed like it) It's all a process to us! I'm hoping after a few more weeks we can move his bed to his room and have him sleep in there.. We'll see!
We've been going for walks every day when the weather allows us to. Westen's found a place he loves that has several 'hiding spots.' He has only a week left of school. I'm actually anxious for him to start kindergarten, because I think he's just getting too bored at home! I don't like the amount of tv he watches. Speaking of tv, Aeson doesn't watch any at ALL. He never sits long enough to watch tv. Even when he nurses, he's playing with something. What he loves doing is having books read to him ALLLLLL day long! I've never met a kid that loved books so much! If me and Eric are both here, he'll have one of us read a book then take it to the other one and have them read it! He even has some parts memorized and will talk about them before we even get there. I swear we go through at LEAST 30 books a day. I'm guessing it's probably closer to 50 (some are the same books read over again, though).
Eric's birthday was last week. He had to work all day on his actual birthday, but we made an angel food cake (his favorite) for him and Westen had us all hide and yell "Happy Birthday" when he walked in the door from work. We had some friends over this past weekend to celebrate, and although it was rainy & we had to stay indoors, we still had fun.
Monday, we decided to go to Quincy to look at the cats at the shelters. We'd been thinking about getting a cat for a while. We'd looked at our shelter here a couple of times and didn't find one we really wanted. There was a siamese we were wanting in Quincy but when I called that day, she said someone was coming to pick her up that same day. We decided to go look anyway, and we found a girl kitty to adopt. She's grey and orange long haired with white paws and has a slight crossing of her eyes! She's super sweet! She didn't make a peep on the whole way home. She's gone in her litter and ate well since she's been here. She's super loving and not too hyper but still playful. They had her estimated at 6 months, but I'd guess around a year. She'd been found about a month and a half ago in Quincy and they waited to see if someone would claim her until just a couple weeks ago, and since no one had, they went ahead & gave her shots, microchipped her, fixed her, etc. Westen's named her Thunder. :) We haven't had a single issue with her since getting her, so I'm so glad! I'm also happy we got an adult because she doesn't try to scratch the kids at all, she's lazier (meaning she sleeps all night and doesn't scare Westen by tearing around the house!), and I know it's harder to adopt out older cats. We couldn't be happier about our choice!
(We've read four books just while typing this!)
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
YAY for sleeping through the night I love angel food cake, especially with fresh strawberries! Mmmmm. Can't wait to see pics of thunder, she sounds so cute!
Post a Comment