One day, we were outside playing, and Westen said, "Mom, you can just relax. I'll do WHATEVER you say!" He's so sweet! I don't know where he gets this stuff either!
We haven't had cable or internet the last couple of weeks. Our internet would appear randomly, so I'd be able to get on for a few minutes every so many days but that's it. We ordered internet through a local company, but it took them 10 days to hook it up and now it's still not working! I'll be glad when it's all done! We also decided to cancel cable because of a problem we had with Comcast (I hate them!), and we really don't watch much tv anyway, especially in the summer. We ordered Netflix again but because of the no internet, it hasn't been working either! It's actually been pretty nice, though, and the reason I'm writing all of this is to say exactly that. I've played with the kids more, they've used their imaginations more, I've gotten all my studying done, we get house projects done, and I've done quite a bit of cooking/baking.
I'm doing really well in micro, which is a total surprise to me! I just realized it's something I have to study a lot for to GET, so that's what I do! I got an A on my first test, when I think most others failed. (She allowed everyone to correct their answers for half credit, giving most a C, and putting me over 100%!) I'm pretty proud of myself! So far, I've gotten 100% on all the assignments too. It makes me think this nursing stuff won't be that bad.. just a lot of busy work!
The kids & I made Eric a card this year for Father's Day. We (well, mostly Westen and I :)) thought up all the reasons we love him and wrote them all over the card. While doing so, I realized what really is important to the kids. I get stressed over getting the house clean & things like that, and that might be something they care about in the future, but it's not something that's important to them right now. Not that I'm going to completely let my house go to a mess, but it just made me realize I should spend more time doing the things that leave an impression on them than stressing about the unimportant things! Anyway, we also put their handprints on the card, so it turned out pretty cute. :)
T-ball ended for the season! Westen did really well & really improved over the season. While it was difficult with scheduling sometimes, Eric really enjoyed coaching too.
Another cute Westen quote.. He had just cleaned the playroom, and he said "It is so beautiful, I could almost cry!" :)

2 comments:
Your dirty house will still be there when the kids are grown and gone. Enjoy yourself. Build a lego town or play a game of Go Fish :)
Over 100%?! Wow! Good for you Miss Marty Pants You can totally do this nursing thang! :P Love the card idea for Eriv - how sweet. I miss you, I hope you are well. I think of you often! xoxo
Post a Comment