We're only two days in, but as far as my class goes, so far, so good! We were only there a half hour yesterday and less than an hour and a half today- lab included! It seems like it won't be that difficult. Yesterday, the teacher was going over the syllabus and said we'd have a "longish" paper due at some point- 3 to 5 pages. Ha! I just got done writing a 15-20.. That's nothing! I'm really glad that I actually love school and love learning.. I think that will definitely make all of this easier! I can find just about anything interesting.
Today, I met with the nursing advisor. He said I'm right on track - I just need to take the classes I already knew and then apply by March 1. He said my GPA shouldn't fluctuate much at this point, since I've already taken soooo many classes overall & that with it, he's pretty sure I'd get in. They take a few things into account but mainly your GPA and a test I'll have to take in the Spring that's like the ACT. I did well on that, so everything looks pretty good! He also told me that there are parents in the program now, even one of a newborn, and there's even a student that's 60 and all are doing well. That's reassuring! He did say it would be more studying than I've ever experienced, and classwise, I can expect to be there from 8-4 Monday-Friday, with a morning or afternoon off occasionally depending on the clinical schedule. I was also excited to hear that I don't necessarily have to take Chem 102 at WIU.. I just have to have a second semester of it, and it can be the one offered at Spoon! Yay! I am NOT looking forward to Chem or A&P! EVERYONE I have talked to have told me how hard they are! :S But.. taking some at Spoon will hopefully be easier. ALSO, the only grades that will affect my GPA and application are for the fall semester, since the app is due March 1. I'm assuming spring classes will be harder since they're the second semester of chem & a&p but who knows. Overall, I felt really good about it! They do only accept 30 students and they expect to have between 50 & 100 applications.. but if I don't get in, I suppose I can always try again the next year!
I think I mentioned last time how much Aeson's been talking. The other night, Wheel of Fortune was on, and he kept yelling out different letters! I was also reading the paper this morning, and the little smartie pointed to the Aldi symbol and said "Dada." He is too smart! He is also amazingly good at any kind of shape sorter or puzzle.. It doesn't even look like he LOOKS at the shape before he puts it right where it goes!
We went swimming at my dad's for the first time (this year) last night. Westen LOVES swimming. Aeson was pretty scared, but he was the first time we went last year too. We're planning on going again tomorrow, so hopefully he'll do better!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Good job on the classes and everything for applying to nursing! My fingers are crossed you will get in! I know you can do it. :) Too cute about Acey. And I am jealous you have gone swimming already -i wish!! :) big hugs to you! xoxo
Post a Comment