Some things I've forgotten to write about:
I felt the baby move for the first time about a month ago. Some days I would feel it, and some days I wouldn't. It felt a lot different than I remembered Westen feeling.. His movements were really soft and fluttery, I don't remember Aeson's first movements, and this one actually felt like real baby jabs, just smaller. For the last week or so, I've felt it move all day, most of the day. I love feeling it!
There are THREE of us who are pregnant in my anatomy & physiology class, and we're ALL due in February! One of the other girls is still planning on taking classes then, while the other one's not. At least I'll have one along with me!
***
Friday, we'd made an appointment at a sonogram place in a town about an hour and a half away. They have a fantastic apple orchard we went to last year, and since we knew Westen would want to go to the sonogram, we decided to take him out of school and spend the day there. We got to the orchard about lunchtime, so we had lunch, let the kids play, fed the goats, and finally picked apples. It was a great time, and both kids loved it there. We searched for some stores afterwards to go shopping but couldn't find the ones we wanted. Finally, we found a secondhand store, and they had some really nice maternity clothes, so I was able to get some shirts! I'm in desperate need of jeans! We headed to the sonogram place for my 4pm appointment. The technician said she may not be able to tell this early and if not, she would have us come back in a couple of weeks. Baby had it's legs bent and the umbilical cord between them at first, so we were worried we weren't going to be able to tell! After some jiggling around, the baby did move, and after getting several shots, the technician repeatedly said it's a girl. While she didn't have me come back in two weeks, I sort of wonder if she was sure or if she was trying to convince herself! She said she was sure, but I'm going to wait to buy anything until after the sonogram at our doctor's office, which will be right before Halloween. :) Eric's mom came with us for the day and when we got back home, we all went out for dinner before finally getting back home. It was a great day!
Westen's had soccer games for the last several Saturdays. This past Saturday, he scored THREE goals for his team! He was very proud of himself! It was a pretty big deal for him too, because he'd pretty hesitant to get in the mob of kids around the ball. Eric had to miss the game because of work, but Westen was super excited to tell him later on the phone!
I don't believe I've written that my sister is also pregnant. She's a month behind me! A friend just announced they're pregnant today, so she's about 3 months behind me. And then we got a note that Westen's teacher is also pregnant (I'd wondered!) and a few weeks behind me! Tis the season for pregnancies, I guess!!
Oh, and if the baby IS a girl, her name is Aubryn Esme. And if it would happen to be a boy, the name is Cullen Lukas. We just couldn't keep a secret!

3 comments:
I've already said it on fb but Congratulations, a girl came as a lovely surprise huh? I am so happy for you all, there really is a bit of a baby boom at the moment, maybe that's why I am so in love with the idea of number 4 over here.... if only my husband wasn't so practical and worried about fitting another baby into the house. ;)
I have had a feeling it was a girl!! :) I think her name is pretty but I also like your boy name too! I think you've covered all your bases. So how far along were you when you felt baby move for the first time? I'm trying to figure out when I will! Wow, a lot of people around you are pregnant! I'm the only one of my friends besides my SIL.
Ooh, a little girl. How exciting! Girls are lovely and it will be such a change from all the blue. And the names are very pretty. Are the just ones you like or family names?
Post a Comment