BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Potty training, possible bedroom changes, and cute boys!

Big news in the potty training world today! I was at class, Eric was doing the dishes, and Aeson actually went into the bathroom all by himself, without telling Daddy, and went #2 on the potty! This is big news for him, because he really hasn't gone #2 on the potty. He usually goes when he has a pullup on or just on the floor when he's running around nakey. (Thank goodness for hardwood floors!!!) Anyway, Eric hadn't heard from him after a few minutes (he just assumed he went in there to go pee, b/c he always does that on his own), so he went in to check on him & Aeson was sitting on the potty (another big deal b/c he will NOT sit on a potty.. little bit of a problem when we're out in public & there's no stepstool or baby potty!). Aeson tried to slam the door shut on Eric too. :) We were so proud of him! When he's gone pee lately, he even dumps it into the big potty all by himself and flushes. He's such a big boy now!

Other big news is Aeson has been sleeping for almost a week in his bed ALL night! He goes to sleep in there and other than waking up a couple of times to ask to be covered again (not sure why he doesn't do it himself! :)), he stays asleep & in his bed until he wakes up in the morning! This is a huge relief, because I was worried about him and baby being in bed with us at the same time if baby co-sleeps AND I didn't want to push him out of our bed when the baby comes home b/c I didn't want him to get any bad feelings!

We've been discussing our bedroom situation. We have 3 bedrooms.. One's ours, one's Westen's, and one's Aeson's. Only Aeson doesn't sleep in his. All of his toys, his dresser, the changing table, etc are in there, but his bed's in our room. We figure he will probably want to sleep in the same room with someone for quite a while, so we figured the boys should share a room and baby girl (if she's a girl :)) should get her own. Aeson's room was painted by Eric and his dad specifically for him, so I hate to paint over it, but I don't think we're going to have any choice. :( So, my thought is for us to move to Westen's room (which is getting ready to be repainted now, so we could choose the color) and Westen and Aeson to have our room, which is the biggest and also blue. Then, we'd redo Aeson's current room for the new baby. I plan to do things differently with this baby and hopefully have her(?) in her own room by the time she's 6 months old at the latest. Eric's more reluctant to make this change, but I think it's the best option. We'll see if he comes around! I am also pretty worried now that Aeson is sleeping in his own bed that he'll regress if we change rooms, or still want to sleep in our room, and there is just NOT enough room in Westen's current one (the one we'd be in). We think it might be easier since he'd still be sleeping in the same room he's in now, rather than a different one, but we may also wait until after the baby's here and he's a little older.. We'll see. I hate to ruin a good thing!

Aeson really is turning into a little boy. He knows all his colors, he knows shapes, he has some books memorized, and he can count to 10. It took him a while to talk a lot, but he can say EVERYTHING now. It's still funny to hear him put sentences together sometimes. Like last night, he asked Eric to "cover up me, Daddy," instead of "cover ME up." He loves to dance, LOVES to leave the house!, and loves to help or watch me do pretty much anything. My sister's son's name is Bentley, and he calls him "Bentbee." Haha, even Bentley calls himself that now sometimes! He's gotten quite independent and really doesn't want loved on or touched unless HE'S decided he wants it. Today, I loved coming home from class to a big hug and an "I love you!" from him, though. :)

He definitely has a difficult side, and Westen has been saying lately that I just "HAVE to sell him!" Westen's always saying things that make me laugh. Yesterday, he had fallen on the playground.. Later, I noticed brown spots on his face and asked him what was on his face. He said "freckles".. I said, "From what?" (thinking someone had maybe drawn them on him or something!).. and he said, "From falling!" Haha, he had seriously thought he got more freckles from falling! I laughed forever about that, and informed him it was probably just dirt from the rocks!

I have more to write about, but it's time to get a little boy out of the bath!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Love all the cute stories! YAY for potty training! I think the boys sharing a room will be a good idea so that baby girl can get her own. :)