BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, October 6, 2011

19 weeks

Yesterday, at exactly 19 weeks, we could SEE the baby moving all around! We were lying in bed and I knew the movements felt really strong, so we started watching and sure enough, you could see all the little punches/kicks/whatever they are! I was really surprised, because I am SURE I didn't see my boys' movements this early! It was also strange because up until then, the movements had all been really low and these were up around my belly button. It's exciting.. I love it when the baby moves! :)


I had my 19 week appointment today. I gained 3 more pounds, over the last 3 weeks. It puts me at exactly 10 so far for the pregnancy. I feel huge already, but I had also gained more than this in the first 12 weeks with both my boys, which really doesn't seem like it! She said it's putting me on track to gain about 25 pounds or so, which would be really good. I'm pretty sure I gained over 40 with both the boys! Everything looked and tested great. I've had no problems over the last several weeks and am feeling pretty good. My headaches have pretty much gone away! I don't think I mentioned that I started going to a chiropractor. I had never been and was really pretty nervous but now I LOVE it and can't imagine not going! Anyway, the midwife said the uterus is usually about belly button level at 20 weeks and mine was a little higher, but it was that way with my boys too. We scheduled the sonogram for three weeks from today, and I really can't wait for that! They'll be looking at the entire baby to see if everything looks normal, they'll look at the placenta to see if it's still low lying, they'll look at the fibroid to see what's going on with that, we'll get to find out the sex for sure (if baby cooperates!), and we'll see what position baby's in. I hope the next 3 weeks pass by quickly!

Speaking of time, I really actually wish time wouldn't pass by so quickly! The boys are just getting so big and it's hard for me to even imagine them being adults.. I know it will come far too quickly! Of course I want them to grow up, but I also wish things could stay just like this a while longer! They're both so sweet still & make me laugh all the time with the funny things they say about things they don't know or 'get' yet. Like Westen referred to King Kong yesterday as "ping pong" and Aeson saw jellyfish and said "jelly beans!" Life just goes by way too quickly.

I am also thankful for this time I'm getting with Aeson, with Westen being in school and the baby not here yet. I find that he's actually a lot better behaved without his brother around! When we go to stores or appointments, he actually stays with me instead of running down the aisles and just asks questions & is plain wonderful to be around. :) Westen too has really learned a lot since starting kindergarten. He recognizes lots of letters now and is much more interested in how they go together and what words they make, etc. His class went on a field trip today to a pumpkin patch, and Eric's mom was able to go with them. I am also SO thankful for my in-law's. :)

2 comments:

Good Timing said...

19 weeks already?! That is awesome that you and ERic could see baby moving around from the outside already, that is very cool! Glad all went well at your appt and that things look good so far! Can't wait for confirmation that baby is indeed a girl! :)

Jenn said...

That visible movement phase always freaked me out, haha. It was incredible and awesome, but I used to watch too many horror movies as a teenager!!;) It is a great chance for the Dad, though - to be able to experience the baby in that way. xoxo

I love the things that kids say!

Also. I have to say that your family is BEAUTIFUL. I loved the photos that you had taken recently. xoxo