I'm 31 weeks pregnant today! I'm actually feeling much better lately - not as much soreness and uncomfortableness. For the past couple of weeks, Aeson has gone back to his old self and has been reattached to me! He constantly tells me "I missed you bery much," even if I haven't been gone! He's always giving me kisses, rubbing my belly, talking to the baby (he says "Hi Aubryn!"-- and says her name really well too!), and coming in before he goes to sleep to cuddle with me. I love him being back to his cuddly self! Oh, and he's also started telling Aubryn he misses her, lol!
Westen loves talking to my belly too. The baby seems to love his voice and moves a bunch in response, which he in turn laughs at. I love watching him get so excited about it. They'll both be wonderful big brothers, I'm sure!
I think I've hit the super emotional phase of pregnancy! I'm constantly thinking about how much I love my boys, to the point of it making me cry! Part of that is probably just realizing that things will be changing soon, and I may not have as much time with them as I'd like. Part of it too is that since I'm getting closer to actually having the baby, I'm getting more scared. I've been watching A Baby Story a lot, and it seems like most people get scared of the birth, which is comforting to me.
I had an appointment with my midwife at 30 weeks. I'd gained 2 more pounds in the prior two weeks, leaving me at 23 so far. I'm actually really pretty proud of that amount, because that leaves me on target to gain 33 total (they estimate a pound a week) and with my other two, I gained over 50 with Westen and over 40 with Aeson! Everything else looked great, besides baby being sideways.
The day after my appointment, I ended up waking up with a sore throat throughout the night and it continued getting worse over Christmas weekend. My glands were really swollen and sore, and after Christmas, it progressed to having a fever and a horrible pressure headache. I also ended up vomiting on Christmas morning, which I have no idea if it was related or not. I was worried it was a stomach bug because that's been going around, but I was still wanting food and not at all nauseous or anything the rest of the day, so I figured it was just part of the pregnancy. Anyway, I called the office first thing Monday morning, because I could barely swallow my own saliva & had been taking Tylenol all weekend. The midwife was off for most of the week, but I got to see the OB there. He was very nice. He checked out the baby first and as soon as I laid back on the table, he said, "Geez, how big's this baby going to be?" I told him she'd been measuring ahead of where I am on sonos. You can tell exactly where she is when I lie down too - right where her head and butt are! He talked to me about transferring care and seemed irritated as well that my old office won't take me back. He said too that he wishes they could do them, and that's one of the things he's going to be revisiting at the next big meeting. He also thought I had sinusitis (strep test was negative) & called in a prescription for an antibiotic. I hate taking anything unless I absolutely have to, but at this point, it was getting too hard to try to take care of my family while being so sick. Between feeling unwell and the fever, I ended up crying when Eric had to leave for work (the kids actually ended up being REALLY good that day) and crying again the next day when I was talking to Kodak about my camera not working. Fever and pregnancy don't mix well! :)
I am very upset about my camera. I just bought a new one two months ago and it stopped working the day before Christmas for the SECOND time. Kodak says I have to send it in for repairs, but I don't want a repaired one when it has basically never worked properly & I bought it brand new! Luckily I was able to borrow a camera for Christmas morning, but I hate not being able to snap pictures of the kids when I want them, and I NEED one for the birth of our baby. I'm waiting to hear back from customer relations now.
It's been so hard being on a limited income while being pregnant. I want to give our baby girl the best and have the best for her, and it bothers me a lot when we can't. We're down to 9 weeks left, and we still have no crib, no dresser, no swing or bouncer, and her room hasn't even been painted. We can really make do without a crib or dresser, and even without the room being painted if we have to.. but I really, really feel like I need a swing, bouncer, and a sling in order to make my life easier and be able to take care of my other kids after. It's very hard to deal with, but it also reminds me why I'm going to school. Things might be hard now, but they'll be better than ever in a couple of years (I hope!).
It has been a very emotional week!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Your pregnancy really has sped by! I can't believe you are going to be meeting her in 9 weeks.
I blame part of the emotional thing on the whole season of love and goodwill. I've been emotional as hell this week myself crying over nothing and I am not pregnant. :) I've also had the bad cold, the sinus problems, the sore throat, the heavy head all over Christmas too so I feel where you are entirely x
Your boys will be FANTASTIC big brothers!
Sorry to hear things are tougher financially, things will settle out and hopefully things will be on the mend for 2012.
Your camera should be back soon enough but sorry you didn't get any Christmas pics.
You have so much to look forward to in coming weeks it's just going to be amazing and go by so quick.
Post a Comment