Finally some time to write about our Christmas and now New Year's!
Eric had to work on Christmas Eve, but he got off in the afternoon and we went to Dad's for the evening. They had some food and we all opened gifts. The boys got bean bag chairs, along with other toys, books, and dvd's. Eric got two gift cards - one to BWW and one for the Beer of the Month Club. It starts at the end of January, so it will be interesting to see what kinds we get! I got a gift card to a spa here that does everything from hair to manicures to massage. We got them a couple of little things and a sign made out of metal that says The (their last name). We enjoyed being there, but that was also when I was feeling pretty sickly! When we got home, we spread the reindeer dust and set out milk and cookies before heading to bed. Timmy left us for the year that night, something Eric & I were pretty happy about! :) We enjoy having him very much, but it also gets difficult to think of spots to put him-- especially where Aeson can't reach!
Christmas morning, we had to send Westen back to bed several times before we all finally got up! I'm not sure what time exactly he woke up, but I don't think he ever went back to sleep! The kids opened all their gifts and stockings. Westen's big gift was a Nintendo 3DS, and he got quite a few artsy things as well. Aeson's big gift was a power wheel convertible car, which we've already gotten to take out and drive because it's been around 50 degrees here! They were very happy and busy with their gifts. After breakfast and cleaning up, my sister and her husband (and their son) came over to do gifts. Again, everyone got some nice stuff. It was fun too that Aeson was able to open his own gifts and get excited about them this year.
We then headed to my dad's parent's house, where we had lunch and gifts again. We all got money, and we got them a gift certificate. We always enjoy spending time there. Soon, we had to head to Eric's parent's, though, and Aeson got a nap on the way. It was nice to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there. I love relaxing time with family! We had a big, delicious meal and everyone got lots of nice gifts. Westen got a Lego set he was really wanting, along with other toys, clothes, and pajamas. Eric and I had already gotten our dishwasher and deep freeze from them for early Christmas presents, but we still got some other nice things as well. Everyone went in on a Kindle Fire for Eric's mom, and we got his dad some things he needed.
Eric and I didn't do gifts for each other this year or for anyone other than kids or parents. I wish we could - I like buying for people, and I think it would be more fun, but it's also more stressful and costs more money. Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas. The boys got way too much, as usual! We still haven't found a spot for it all. One of the things I wanted to do over break was go through their old toys, but we haven't gotten around to it yet!
Yesterday was New Year's Eve. Eric had to work again, so the kids and I started watching some of the celebration on tv. We ordered pizza and ate when Eric got home, then got our our sparkling juice and drank that! Aeson didn't like it, so we had to get him apple juice. :) Around 9, we watched the ball from prior years drop on youtube and toasted each other. The kids were asleep soon after that, and after feeling the baby's head down low again (it was off to the side but still lower than it has been!), we also went to bed! So, I wasn't awake to ring in the new year, but that's ok! I'd rather get my sleep!! I hope it's a great year for us, but I don't really expect many changes other than meeting our baby girl. I'm not making any resolutions this year. I'm constantly trying to get better at lots of things, so I don't really find the changing of the year anything really special or different!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
The good old 3DS, we've barely seen Matthew this week. :) He loved his too.
Sounds like all went well, so thats Christmas and New Year down, next big event? A Birth? Your pregnancy has really flown by and I love reading updates on her.
Have a great 2012. xxx
Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas and New Years with your family. Wishing you all the best for 2012! xoxo
Post a Comment