BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, January 20, 2012

Kid updates

Aeson has had some adorable things to say lately that I wanted to make sure to document! My favorite phrase of his right now is "tastes like licious!" He says this whenever he tastes something yummy, and I love how he just shortens it to "licious!" He also has continued telling Aubryn EVERY day that he misses her. In fact, the day before yesterday, he said "I miss you berry much, Aubryn." He also talks about how she can hear him and he can hear her too. I asked what she said yesterday, and he said "She loves me too!" We've been doing lots of talking about her coming out from my belly, coming home with us, and what it will be like. He seems to understand, and he seems to adore her already. :) I've also been fairly addicted to watching A Baby Story lately, and he watches it with me sometimes!

We also got my adorable baby boy's hair cut this week. We've only had it cut once before, and we didn't like it. We loved feeling his long-ish hair, but we were also sick of people not knowing if he was a boy or girl. I still haven't decided if I like it short, but maybe I'm just not used to it yet. He looks so much older with it too! It about made me cry seeing him no longer look like my baby!

Last week was pretty crazy with visiting the other schools in town. Westen didn't like the cheaper private school option we were hoping for, and we found it a little odd as well. He ended up LOVING the expensive one we sent him to for preschool. We honestly did too. The principal, the teachers, the secretary even.. Everyone there is just amazing. I loved the kindergarten room too. They don't do state testing, so there's not as much emphasis on desk/paper work. In fact, I'm not even sure if they had desks in there. We decided to try it out on Friday, and he's gone ever since. He has loved it too, and that's such a relief. He says how quickly it goes by ("It's like 10 minutes!!") and how good his days are ("gooder than good!"). They have a buddy system, so he has a buddy in 6th grade, and he likes that a lot. We just really couldn't be happier. Financially, it's going to be super hard. My mom just sold her house, so she's helping us out for the rest of this year, and then we're planning on saving tax return money and limiting things even more than we do. We really don't have another option. I got to the point where I just couldn't send him back to the public school. I'm very thankful to have another option and so thankful he's enjoying it.

I'm currently 34 1/2 weeks pregnant! Not much longer! I don't feel ready at ALL, and it freaks me out a little to think about the birth and bringing a third baby home! We finally got our first pack of disposable diapers and some wipes the other day. We still have a list of things we need to get, and we have yet to get started on the room! I'm honestly not sure if it will get done before she comes home or not! She won't be using it anyway, other than for changing and getting dressed, and we do have her changing table all set up. We also washed all the clothes and got them put away yesterday. I so wonder when she will decide to come!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Love aeson's little saying! And how cute is he about Aubryn? Awwwwww. Loved your belly pic on fb, you look great. I do wonder when the lil miss will make her arrival and you'll be mama of three! So glad about Weston's new school but hate it has to cost so much for you guys! :(