Well, that first day back to school and work didn't go so well! Looking back now, I realize I just put too much stuff on my plate! I went to class.. didn't do well on the test. I'm not meaning to boast, but I always do well in school. I study hard & know my stuff. Well, there was ONE thing I wasn't sure about & hadn't studied well (probably from missing class) and OF COURSE that one thing ended up being like 30 points of matching things. I cried when I left! I was so upset that I even left the baby, that I even took the test when she said I didn't have to.. all of that just for a bad grade! It's really not THAT bad, because we do get to drop one test, so I'm sure this will be the one I use! We also usually get to correct them for half the points. Anyway, Aubryn was getting fussy when I got home, which worried me since that was a short day! Aubryn also went through MANY outfits that day, something she never does! We then headed out to get pictures taken that evening, and I got lost on the way! An hour later, I finally got there. They did all the pics diaper-less, which meant many messes on their stuff! (and me constantly wiping her!) I also kept trying to feed her to get her to go to sleep, but she never would! (She was ALWAYS sleeping at this point in time) I got home much later than planned, and I was beyond exhausted at that point.
Since then, things have been much better! I went to class again that week, and Aubryn stayed asleep the entire time, plus over an hour once I got home. Then we had Spring Break, so I don't go back until this Monday.
We had my two week checkup this past Monday. I'd lost another 4 pounds, leaving me at 10 left. I think those will be the hardest!! Everything looked great, and they weighed Aubryn too. She was just shy of 11 lbs!!! I couldn't believe it. I was guessing 10. I've already had to put away her newborn clothing and move up to size 1 diapers. I talked to my midwife about the schools she went to, as that is my ultimate goal. She didn't start school until she was 35, so stories like that always give me hope! I already feel so old! She also said that she would love to be my mentor if I do become a midwife.. I just have to do it within the next 9 years, because she's retiring then! I was so happy she offered to do this! I can't think of someone better to work with/learn from. I started looking into schools when I got home, and it was all pretty confusing. Each one requires different things, and some of the things are long processes. We'll see!
Aubryn is still a wonderful baby. I think everyone in our families is in love with her! Westen continues to come in and see her every morning when he wakes up, and he still says "she's so cute!" every single day! Aeson also says she's cute or beautiful, and he pats her or gives her hugs. One day last week, he did try to pick her up from the Boppy she was lying in! I was checking to see how clean their room was, and I came back out to him trying to hold her! Thank goodness she didn't fall or anything! I definitely learned that I can't leave them alone for even a second! Aeson just kept saying "but I want to hold her!" :) Sweet boy.
Aeson also had a big first this week - He stayed all night with Eric's parents, along with Westen. Westen had already planned to go, and I got to thinking that I really thought Aeson was old enough too and would start feeling left out. He loves to go places too, because he's always at home! So, we asked him & he wanted to go! They were okay with trying it too, so they picked both of them up in the afternoon. Aeson went just fine, and slept all night that night. They said he did great!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Wow, you are an inspiration to me! So much going on already after having had miss Aubryn. So glad all is going well with our good babe! Can she teach mine a thing or two?? ;) don't sweat one bad test my dear, you're a smart cookie! xo
Post a Comment