BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Our First Week Home

Don't have time for an in-depth update, but here are the highlights from our first week at home with baby girl:

Took Aubryn for her first appointment with the pediatrician on Monday. She had been 7lbs, 10oz when we left the hospital and was already up to 8lbs, 3 oz at her appointment! (She was 8lbs, 5oz at birth) Her color has remained great & no signs of jaundice. I credit that to the delayed cord clamping, especially since both my boys had it!

Aubryn has continued to sleep a lot & only cry when she's undressed! I usually can get her fed before she begins crying but sometimes she will if I have to change her diaper first! She continues to be a GREAT baby.. part of that too, though, I think is that Eric & I are more confident in our parenting choices & we know what works for us!

We took all three kids to the movie The Lorax. It was Aeson's first theater movie! They all did great. Westen and Aeson both loved it, Aeson sat through all but the last 15 minutes (and then he just stood in front of his seat & sat on the aisle step next to us), and Aubryn slept through it all (cuddled up to me in the Moby :)).

Aeson finally held Aubryn a couple days after we got home. He's held her a couple of times since, and he often pats her or kisses her and says "she's so nice!" So far, no signs of jealousy or any change of behavior!

Holy hormones! I have been so teary just randomly this week! I've cried because I love her so much, because she turned out so perfect, because I don't want to go back to school, even because she was asleep in the swing & I wished I was holding her.

I had my first postpartum visit at a week after. The doctor took my staples out & put steri-strips on, while also giving me another steroid injection to stop it from keloiding. I found out that he used a thing called an Alexis-O during surgery.. They used to use them on obese patients and then found that people were healing much faster and in much less pain, so they've started using them on regular people. That must be one reason I've felt so great! Beyond that first day, I really haven't been in much pain at all, and I was down to taking 1 dose of pain meds but just a few days after (have now taken none for the last few days). I kept thinking "I can't believe I had surgery two days ago," "I can't believe I had surgery 1 week ago," etc.. I definitely recommend asking about this if any of my readers have to have a c-section! I also talked to him about multiple c-sections. While we don't want to have any more children for a long time (not until I'm done with school and working at the LEAST) and we may not want any more (especially financially and due to all the worry that goes along with it), I do have to admit one of the things I felt worst about with choosing to have this c-section was the fact that each one means more risks with future pregnancies. He said the risk is really just the scar rupturing and with each scar, you have a 2% increase in that happening. It will definitely be something we'll have to think long & hard about when the time comes. He did say my first scar looked "good and this one looks better." He ended up doing three layers of stitching (they sometimes do one & always do two if the person may have a future pregnancy). I had also lost 20 pounds at that appointment, which means 14 more to go!

We also took goody baskets filled with candy, chocolate, popcorn, and trail mix to the doctor, the surgery staff, and our OB nurses, along with thank you cards.

Eric goes back to work tomorrow, and I go back to school. Crossing my fingers all goes well!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

So glad to hear an update from you and that all is going well. :) I have heard that The Lorax is so cute - glad you all had such a fun time together! :) Thanks for all the C-Section info who knows....I may be needing it?? We will see what happens. I am hoping I can go into labour naturally because I know that induction often leads to C-Sections. Love all the pics on fb of cute Miss Aubryn. Precious! xoxo