I really should be working on the overwhelming amount of homework and studying I have to do, but I wanted to make a quick post! Senior year is SO much better than jr year! My whole attitude has changed.. Instead of being so nervous about the stuff I'd see and scared to do things, I've realized I only have 8 months til I graduate and am on my own. I'd much rather experience lots now and practice as much as I can, so I don't get out of school and not have had that experience & not have my professor right behind me making sure I do things right! It's such a better feeling. I've already done so many things I thought I could never do in nursing school. It's a great feeling. Also, as I've gone through, it seems to me that every patient experience I get was really meant to be for some reason or another. I can't believe how close we are to being done. We have an insane amount of homework this semester, but that's because they want to make sure we really know our stuff before our last semester. While it's hard to find the time, I'm glad too because I also want to make sure I know my stuff! Then next semester, we have lots of clinicals and possibly no paperwork if we do well this semester. We're actually moving up to multiple patients in med surg. We also have OB and community this semester. My first OB clinical was not nearly as fun as I expected. It was very slow and uneventful! I'm not sure I could stand whole shifts like that.. I like more action! We'll have to see what the rest of the semester is like. The OB doctor gave some really great advice I thought, though. He said that once we're done, instead of going into our specialty, we should really work in ER or ICU first to really hone our skills. If we do that, we'll have them the rest of our life. If we don't and just go into our specialty, we may never develop all those skills and then not have them. We'll have to see what the future brings! We're getting some educator, ER, ICU, wound care, etc experience in med surg this semester too, so I like that we get a taste of everything!
Now an update on the kids.. Aeson started preschool this year! He's going MWF afternoons. He LOVES it. Westen always did too, and he's going the same place with the same teacher. It's nice to see him get out of the house and have fun. He says he hasn't really made any friends yet, but hopefully we can get some playdates going soon. My babies are getting so big! Westen's in second grade now, and he loves his teacher. She's young, and he says she never yells lol! He's really done fabulous this year too, getting 100% on all his math and spelling tests so far. We haven't even had to practice math, but I do work with him on a few of his spelling words each week. He's doing so great! He's friends with all the boys in his class, which is a huge relief after his kindergarten experience. I'm so glad he's happy where he's at. It's worth all the money in the world! Ms Auby is a year and a half and SO stinking smart. She talks all the time, knows all the parts of her body, puts two and three words together, and loves flowers, Minnie, & reading. She's really turning into a little girl! She's still nursing and when she asks for milk, she thinks she has to get right in my face and put her lips on mine while saying "milk" haha.. I'm not sure why she does that!
Alright, back to homework!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Your updates are so upbeat and lovely to read. I've started blogging again, but unfortunately mine are not as positive. take care ashley
Post a Comment