Another break almost over! In nursing school, we don't get a real "break" anyway.. We have several things that are recommended to do over break, and we always have several tests and skills proficiencies the first days back to make sure we retain the material. Not only that, but we are getting SO close to graduation and having to take the NCLEX. I feel like I need to study all the time... There is just SO much material in nursing!
Anyway, we've had a good but busy break. We all had a great Christmas. Aubryn oooh'd and ahh'd over all her gifts this year. She's been putting three words together for a while now, but my favorite was last night when she said, "Love you, Mom." She's so sweet! She's still obsessed with Minnie. We have lots of episodes DVR'd, and she has all of them memorized, so she'll ask for which one she wants to watch! We also have several Minnie dolls that often have to go places with us. I think her favorite toy for Christmas was a little Minnie that you can dress up. She also got a set of Minnie books that she loves. And Minnie socks, and Minnie clothes, the list goes on and on! She loves to put diapers on her Minnie's and her baby dolls. She also pretends to nurse them. :) She's such a good, sweet girl. I'm always amazed by how different she is as a girl. I used to think kids were socialized into the boy and girl roles, but she does all these girly things without anyone showing her. She's very different from the boys!
Aeson is loving preschool. He writes his name and likes to get himself dressed and put his coat/shoes on. Lately he's been adding numbers all the time, telling me what they equal. I think he's going to be very smart! Westen is smart as well, but he was never "into" learning. It was always a struggle! Aeson also loves to sing, and did a great job in his Christmas program. He played the shepherd and was so cute! While he sometimes gets annoyed with his sister, he's also very protective of her. The other night, we were watching my nephew, who's the same age as Aubryn & will sometimes hit her when he gets frustrated.. He got upset at one point, and Aeson said, "Do not hit her, Easton! I'm watching you!" and continued to say, "I'm watching you" a few times. :)
Westen is growing up! He's almost 8. We had a couple of sleepovers over break. He loves spending time with his friends and still loves drawing. In fact, he made his own birthday invitations for his friends. :) Eric and I both got to be special readers in his class this fall/winter, and he loved that. As costly as private school is, I am so happy to have a school they both love and feel comfortable at.
I hope I can write more often, because there are always so many things I want to remember about the babies! Just hard to find the time with school! Luckily, as long as all goes well, this will be my last semester.. Hopefully by summer, I will be working! Yay!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment