Aeson
Well, this week Aeson slept 7 hours two of the nights! I, of course, didn't get that much sleep.. as I was waking constantly to check on him.. but it was still nice. :) The past two nights haven't been as good.. He's a little congested, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem or if he was sensing that he wouldn't have me all to himself starting today. :) He also started falling asleep on his own this past week.. without crying or eating or anything!
Last week, we got him one vaccine. I did soooo much research on it. I was a mess! We finally decided to go with one vaccine at a time and to start with the one with the least side effects and the one that is most risky if you acquire what it's protecting against (HIB). He did really well, only crying for the few seconds the serum was being pushed into him. There are several vaccines I'm not going to do at all (MMR and any live vaccine-- such as the rotavirus), and I'm still undecided on the rest. The whole 2-4 month increase in SIDS risk scares the heck out of me, so I think I'm going to try to wait as long as possible. I've talked to several people who know others who were never vaccinated and perfectly fine too.
Westen
This was Westen's last week at home before starting back to daycare part-time. He's been helping make dinner when he can, and this weekend we made pumpkin sugar cookies. He LOVES doing stuff like that. This past weekend was also a skate party for his daycare. It was his first time skating! He really, really liked it, although he rarely let go of mine or Eric's hand. He's been saying since that he wants to go back. The skating place is still exactly like when I was younger. He had a blast skating and playing the arcade games they have there- particularly because his best friend Kaden was also there! Afterwards, he got to pick a prize and he chose a little plastic fish. He insisted on putting it in a bowl of water when we got to Grandma's afterwards (for pizza with the fam!). He'd wanted to put it in our big (real!) fish tank at home. :)
I think Westen was well aware the transition to school was occurring as well.. Last night, he continued to come in our room after bedtime saying 'I just love you Mommy' and 'I just love you Daddy.' He also told me earlier in the day, when we were discussing the return to work/school, that Aeson was going to miss me. :)
Westen also did the cutest thing this week.. Aeson was lying in his bouncy seat while I was getting ready and Westen decided to come in and read to him! I didn't even mention it.. he just did it! He's SUCH a good big brother. I got a couple pics I'll have to post next time.. I haven't had the time to upload them and get them on here!
Tiny Treasures Tuesday hosted by Lerin at mycatholicfamily.blogspot.com
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Can't wait for new pics. :)
Post a Comment