BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tiny Treasures Tuesday: 2 months, GAL

Aeson is two months old now! He's starting to smile more and more.. it's absolutely darling! I have yet to catch it on camera, but I think I should be able to soon. :) We left him for the first time this weekend. Eric & I were supposed to go to a Cubs game but we ended up not getting our tickets and not wanting to go! So we just got a refund and decided to go on the Spoon River Drive and still let his parents watch the kids. I was a little nervous but all went well. Aeson was pretty cranky all day, but he is often.. even with us. I can't wait until he's a happier baby! The gas drops seem to help somewhat. I'm nervous about next week.. him going to daycare AND being home with Daddy.. when he's super attached to Mommy! Hopefully it'll be a relatively easy transition.

Aeson had his checkup yesterday and he has gained 3 whole pounds in the last month! He's 12lbs, 3oz and 24 inches long. That leaves him in the 58th percentile for weight and the 80th for height! He's definitely caught up. :) It's always reassuring to know that he's getting enough breastmilk! His head was only in the 20th percentile, I think, but it certainly doesn't look small. Westen's was always on the large end but it never looked like it either! Overall, Aeson looked very good. He does have a hernia on his belly button, but she said it was nothing to worry about.

I'm completely torn on whether or not to vaccinate. I've heard (and read) so many horror stories. I keep leaning both ways, depending on what I read. I need to decide soon too, because he starts daycare next week and his doctor would like them done before then if I decide to go ahead with it. I'm obsessed with learning all about it.. but pretty much everything really is just opinion.. nothing has been PROVEN either way. Puts mommy's in a hard place!

***

This week, Westen has been obsessed with his batman/spiderman/transformer figurines and football. He LOVES playing with his football, and it's so cute to hear him say things like "I'm deep!" He always, always has to show off and will continue to repeat things if people found them funny/cute. He's very imaginative with his figurines too.. building garages out of dominoes for his transformer.. getting the other figurines to climb on things.. etc!

He's also a sweet child.. He hates when he hears anything dies, and he was quite concerned about the fish we feed our (bigger) fish.

We had the meeting with the guardian ad litem (basically an attorney for Westen) last week and it went very well! She said she can tell Westen has such an optimistic outlook on life. :) She set up scenarios in which Eric would interact with Westen and, of course, all went well and the (good!) report should be completed this week.. leaving only the adoption hearing left to make it all final!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Glad you and your boys are doing so well! :) Aeson is 2 months already?! Hope daycare goes well for him. I have no advice on vaccinations.... GL! YAY for the adoption almost being finalized, that is awesome news!