
I'm an aunt again! This time it was my only sister, who happens to be one of my best friends! She went in Monday afternoon for her appointment and they found out her blood pressure was really high. My sister is one of the healthiest people I know and has had NO problems throughout the pregnancy.. so it was a complete surprise. There was also protein in her urine, so they thought it was the signs of pre-eclampsia and sent her over for bloodwork and to be monitored. That didn't come back the way they'd like, so they decided to induce her. She was due this coming Saturday anyway and already dilated to a 2. I rushed to the hospital and spent time with her. The minute I left to run home and feed my baby (he's refusing bottles now that I've been home with him!), the doctor came in to check her. She was a 3 and her water broke when he did, but they no longer thought he was head down. Did a sono and it was confirmed that he was breech. They pretty much immediately prepped her for a C-section and I got there in time to give them both my love before they went off to the OR. Minutes later (10:09 p.m.), Bentley Edward was born! We saw him wheeled back by and I quickly snapped my first pictures! We got to see him through the nursery glass after that and Eddie came out to tell us he weighed 8lbs, 1oz and was 20 inches long. We got to see my sister once she got out of recovery, and I got home around midnight. Luckily both babysitting moms were perfectly fine with finding alternative care for the following day. (I hadn't known when I got ahold of them how long Chelsea's labor would be and figured it would be sometime in the middle of the night) Anyway, he is absolutely perfect! Chelsea's blood pressure has remained somewhat elevated but not too bad and not constantly. Bentley has LOTS of hair. I've gotten to hold him every day so far. They get to go home tomorrow, so that will be nice for them! I can't wait to see him in the surroundings that are all made up just for him!
It's so weird seeing my sister as a mother too. Not weird, I guess, just different! It didn't seem like it was that big of a change when I had my own children but it seems like a HUGE change to me that now she has a child!
She's been talking for some time about moving four hours away. I hate it. Can't even stand the thought of it! It's where her husband's family is, but we just spend SO much time with the two (now three!) of them that I can't even imagine. It makes me so sad!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Congrats to you! :) That's great.
Sorry if I lost you as a follower. Hopefully didn't upset you.
WHen my sister became a mother too, we became closer than EVER before. She is in NM and I am in TX, but we still are close. <3 Congratulations!
Post a Comment