On Tuesday, one of the daycare kids developed a temperature, was hardly eating, looked like he didn't feel well, and had some nasty diapers. I let the mom know, but since his fever wasn't over 100 (which I specified as not being allowed to be here in my rulebook), I didn't send him home. Mom brought him back the next morning, even though he was still sleeping (unusual).. apparently had no temp that morning. He didn't eat much breakfast and still looked unwell, so I took his temp a while later and again he had one- still not over 100, though. It was in the 99's, though. I gave him Tylenol and informed his mom who did come a couple hours early.
As soon as she left, I started vomiting. And continued to vomit every half hour for the next 6 hours. Well after there was anything even left TO vomit. I've never been so sick in my life. I woke up that night to Westen vomiting and then later Eric started. My sister texted to say she and her husband were too. My sister-in-law was also. Found out the next day another daycare child was. I feel soooo bad now that everyone got it from here. I have definitely learned and am going to strongly enforce from now on that if a child has ANY signs of illness, they are not allowed or are going to be sent home immediately. It was horrible to go through it. I've lost 10 lbs in just two days. I just now ate for the first time. I'm really worried about my milk supply, but from what I've read, it will come back.
I've nursed throughout, knowing that Aeson was already exposed to whatever bug we all got. He's definitely been more fussy and actually hasn't wanted to nurse much. That's hard when nursing is usually the key to calming him down! Eric tried to feed him milk from the freezer in a couple of different bottles and he wouldn't have anything to do with it. He's refused bottles since I've been home with him. We've still been feeding him solids, but he didn't even eat much of those. Maybe he's had a touch of the illness.. I'm not sure. He hasn't had any temp or ANY other symptoms- thank GOODNESS! I credit nursing FULLY for that!
Everyone's on the mend now, I think. I've been disinfecting like crazy. Still pretty weak, though. We're supposed to get nursing photos and some more of Aeson done tomorrow, so I'm hoping we feel up to it!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Good grief!! Hope you all are better ASAP!!!
Oh no, that's awful! I hope things turn around soon & you all are feeling better! xoxo
Post a Comment