BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, March 15, 2010

Updates on my babies (primarily for myself in the future :)) and a couple other items!

There is not a day that goes by without Westen saying 'Aeson is the cutest baby in the whole world' or some variation of him being the cutest. :) It's so funny to me because he as a sibling seems to love him just as much as we parents do. I have a sister that I love very, very much, but I (of course) don't remember being that young. It's adorable.

Aeson has been eating more and more solid foods. He's 7 months now. That means less nursing, which at first made me sad, but I've gotten more used to it now. He likes everything except for the meats and oatmeal. He gags on all the meat lol. That's fine with me, because they look and smell rather disgusting! He LOVES peas and mixed veggies. He's sitting fully on his own now and loves it. He plays all day long and has become a much happier baby. He still hasn't mastered crawling yet.. He gets his upper half lifted up but hasn't quite figured out the leg/butt part. We're still co-sleeping, and I'm not sure there will be an end to that anytime soon. I put him in his crib for naps during the day.. sometimes he wakes right up and sometimes he'll sleep quite a while. He never sleeps much during the day.. It's a rarity if he sleeps an hour. Usually, it's just a 15-30 minute nap here and there. He always wants to go to bed super early, though.. usually about 7:30. He gets quite fussy and will scream at the top of his lungs until we go! He still nurses throughout the night but never wakes up to cry unless we're not in bed with him. He won't sleep in there long without us right there. Last night, in fact, he started fussing because I wasn't close enough, so I moved my arm over and he pulled it in close to his face and fell right back to sleep, with his little arm grasping mine. It was adorable. I've heard to move him before he can call for me (he says 'da' all the time now, but no 'ma' yet!) but I just don't think any of us are ready yet. I've brought it up from time to time and Eric's never been ready either! lol. Still no teeth! No sign of any either! He still has the blondest hair and bluest eyes. All monitoring of his BWS has gone well. We haven't done anymore vaccinations, and I worry about this from time to time. I can't bring myself to do it, but I (of course) wonder if I (we) made the right decision. Aeson loves bathtime and the jumparoo. That's all I can think of to update right now!

Westen has been testing limits more lately. He's also been waking at night more, wanting his tv back on or wanting a drink. His grouchiness may be due to the lack of uninterrupted sleep, but I'm not sure. I'm anxious for him to start preschool actually, because I think it'll be good for him to get out of the house a few days a week. I was mislead by the preschool prices at the private school, though, and quite shocked to see what the tuition is for years following. I'm not sure if we'll be able to do it, but I've decided just to take it year by year and see what happens. I know that we definitely cannot afford it for more than one child, but I believe things will work out how they should by then.

Two weeks ago, I went dress shopping with a friend of mine. She'll be getting married in September and I'm one of the bridesmaids. That was a horrible experience. We all found dresses, but I am extremely unhappy with my post baby body. It's been 7 months too! I should definitely be back to 'normal' by now. The sad thing is that I've lost over 40 lbs too and am back to my pre-pregnancy weight buuut I'd gained already by then (since dating Eric!) and it's just distributed totally differently. I was near tears several times on my way home. :( It's so utterly depressing.

The daycare is stressful but fun. I'm up to four additional children now (besides my own). As stressful as it gets, I was reminded by driving past my old place of employment the other day how much I would hate leaving my children every day.

Well, time for a diaper change, dinner for baby, and bed!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I have the same "weight redistribution" problem ever since Boo was born. I don't weigh anymore but the weight is in different places (namely my arse!) and makes finding clothes a bit more discouraging. The worst part (for me) was that it was so unexpected because after Monkey I lost all the weight quickly. I just figured it would be like that after Boo too and when it wasn't it was incredibly frustrating.
So I know that doesn't help but at least know that you aren't the only one!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello stranger, I don't comment half as much as I should but just wanted to let you know I am still reading up on your hectic schedules.

You are doing so well with the childcare as well as looking after your own two. I admire you for that so much.

The boys sound great. Aeson sounds like he is doing so well and Westen just sounds the cutest big brother to him. :)

All pregnancies vary in recovery. I found it hardest to loose weight with Matthew. I was losing weight after James when I found out I was pregnant again.

Life with 3 is a full on rollercoaster of this and that, and with the right food and exercise my weight really is dropping this time round.

And I must say having a wedding dress to aim for helps me. So maybe your bridesmaid dress can help you?

Keep at it and good luck.