BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Warm Weather

We've had a pretty good week! My husband's gotten off late pretty much every night, leaving him gone for 11 hours of the day.. six days this week. It's frustrating, but I try to remind myself that he's not in the military or something and gone for months at a time.. That would be so very hard.

Anyway, it was in the 80's here all week. We got a little pool for the kiddies to play in and they really enjoyed that. Aeson didn't, though.. I think it was too cold for him! :) We walked up to Farmer's Market one of the days, which was fun. This week was the last week for two of my daycare kids. I'm going to miss them! One may be back in the fall if we're living here. The other I know Westen's going to miss terribly, because she is his same age and they had tons of fun playing together. Both parents got me thank you cards and little gifts (a gift card for a salon and a bottle of yummy wine!) which was incredibly nice. I'm down to only two daycare kids and my own two, so I'm hoping it will be easier to do more this summer. I was disappointed to find out, though, that most of the playgroups end for the summer. :(

I ordered my first wrap this week! It's a woven wrap called a Didymos. I have a friend very much into babywearing, and she recommended this one. From what I've read, they're supposed to be the best. It was hard for me to justify spending that much money, but with as needy as Ace is, I think it will help tons AND I can use it for future children. I can't wait to get it! Hopefully I can figure it out. :)

Today has already been a busy day. I've been kind of in a melancholy mood.. We watched Dear John last night, and I think that's why. Anyway, we walked up to Farmer's Market (which is a nice long walk) and got bunches of yummy things and Westen got to plant his own sweet potato plant to bring home. We're getting ready to head to a birthday party in a bit and then we have grocery shopping and errands later, as well as getting ready for our open house tomorrow. Then tomorrow night, we're taking Westen to his very first movie in the theater. I'm excited! We're going to see the new Shrek movie. And Monday, we're having some family and friends over for a cookout, which I'm also excited for.. buttt.. being busy makes the weekend go by so fast. I would love to just relax!

Last thing for today.. I've started the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred dvd, and it has made me sore! I hope I can keep it up! I was already down a couple pounds this morning. I'm hoping that combined with nursing can get me to the weight I want to be. I am thankful, though, for already being less than before I was pregnant and being able to fit back in my old clothes... even though it is distributed differently!

0 comments: