BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

We had a lovely weekend!

We went to my friend's son's birthday party on Saturday. It was for her youngest son, but Westen and her oldest have been the best of friends pretty much since they were born. Now that Westen is no longer in daycare, they don't get to see each other as often, but we still do from time to time. They've always gotten along perfectly. Well Saturday, Westen came up to me at the birthday party almost crying because her son had taken his Lego man completely apart and thrown all the little pieces everywhere.. and on top of that told him that he didn't want to be his friend anymore! Westen was heartbroken! We looked everywhere for the Lego pieces but only found two. He'd been very attached to his Lego man, taking it in the pool and to bed (everywhere!) with him. For the next couple of days, he kept asking why Kaden said what he did too. I felt so bad for him!

Sunday, we had our open house. Only one couple showed up this time. They seemed pretty interested, but we'll see. We're not really sure what to do from here.

That evening, we took Westen to his very first movie. He enjoyed it! We watched the new Shrek movie, and while he got a little antsy, he was still very good!

When we got home, we cut tiny pieces of our wedding cake from exactly one year ago and fed them to each other. :) It actually didn't taste too bad! I can't believe we've been married for (now) just over a year.. In some ways, it feels so much longer and in others, it doesn't at all! We get frustrated with each other and all the things I suppose normal couples do, but it amazes me how much I still care about him. I suppose just how different it is from my first marriage. Every day, from the moment I wake up, I can't wait until he gets home just to be with him. I love him very much.

Monday morning, Aeson woke up bright and early. He hasn't been sleeping very well lately. Eric decided to take me to buy a camera for our anniversary! I bought a dslr .. and I have no idea how to use it! It's frustrating me, because I want to be able to take good pictures NOW. On top of that, I got my didy today and I now have to learn how to use THAT as well! Ahh.. information overload!

We had a cookout yesterday evening at our house and had our siblings and some friends over. Everything was delicious, and we even made yummy daiquiri's.

Now we have a shortened work week and then another busy, busy weekend. One of Eric's best friends is getting married, so we have the rehearsal and all on Friday and then the wedding & reception Saturday. We're staying with Eric's parents all weekend, so I'm a bit nervous about how Aeson will do out of his home environment and with the busy weekend. Oh, if life were only easy all the time! I suppose I should be glad this is the extent of my stresses. :)

Oh, and on our exact anniversary, Aeson finally put it all together and CRAWLED! I think he's so much happier since he's able to get all around the house now! I'm so proud of him. :) He's kissing constantly now too, waving hi and bye, and giving five's. He's almost 10 months old!

1 comments:

BeckyT said...

I love hearing you sound so upbeat, you do sound like life is treating you well. Well done Aeson on your new milestones, you are doing great. :)