BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekend highlights

Every Thursday a couple of friends and I meet, with all our kids, for lunch and to hang out. Last Thursday, Shannon had the idea to go to Discovery Depot in Galesburg. I'd never even heard of it before. We loaded the kids up (Chels & Bentley went with us), ate lunch at Shannon's, and then headed there. It was SO much fun! I uploaded all the pics on Facebook. It was a little children's museum, with all sorts of play areas. It isn't very big, but that was perfect I thought, because you could just let the children run all over and could keep track of them easily. Both my boys had a total blast, and they were perfectly behaved the entire time. I was very glad we went! I wish our town had something similar. There's really NOTHING to do in the winter time. We stopped by Steak & Shake for a treat & then all the kids crashed on the way home!

Friday night, we spent with my sister and her husband, eating dinner and watching Dateline together, as is our usual Friday nights these days! I'm so glad we have them to spend time with!

Saturday night, Eric & I got to go on a date! We hardly ever get out of the house without the kids, it seems. The Wednesday before was our 3 year dating anniversary. It seems like we've been together so much longer! A lot has happened in those 3 years! Anyway, we went out for dinner and had kind of a crappy restaurant experience, but oh well. It was one of those nights you wish you could rewind and do something different, but at least we had fun together. Westen stayed the night with Eric's parents that night. He has so much fun with them. They had also watched the kids while we were gone, and while Aeson cried when we left, he was reading with them and didn't even make an effort to get up and come to us when we got home! We're lucky to have them as grandparents!

Sunday, we headed to Springfield to go shopping again. We hadn't found much for Westen in Quincy the weekend before, and we really didn't find much in Springfield either. Looks like I'll have to order online! We did find several things for ourselves (very good deals!) and got Aeson his first Cubs hat. He loves wearing hats lately. I can't wait to get his picture taken with it on! Aeson only napped about a half hour the entire day, but he was still well behaved.

We've had gorgeous weather here, and it makes me anxious for summer! I've enjoyed being outside every day. We've taken walks most days, and Aeson loves them. He also loves being outside, but he has to be followed pretty much every second to make sure he doesn't go into the road. We did some yard work Monday, and I can't wait to plant flowers and get my garden started. I had class Monday night, which I really didn't want to go to with how nice it was! I just have to remember it will be worth it in the end! I also wanted to see how I did on my first test, which I did get an A on. We have another one already next week.. I think there's a test or paper almost every class from now until the end of the semester. I'm glad I'll have more time to work on those things now!

A couple random things about the kids -- I realized the other day that you can hear every train that goes through town at our house.. You know how I realized this? Aeson gets this 'uh oh' look on his face and says "choo choo!" every time he hears one! :) Westen has also enjoyed our walks and anytime it's going to be anyone other than the 3 of us, he says we're having a "walking party!" :)

Last, but not least, Eric got a new job!!! He'd had several interviews over the last couple of weeks, and he finally heard on Saturday. He gave his 2 weeks at his current job today. The hours will still vary, but this job is only 32-36 hours most weeks (There will be times where he'd have to work a double or something if somebody calls in or whatever) and it still qualifies as full-time, which means BENEFITS!!!! Health, dental, vision, paid vacation, etc! You have no idea how lucky you are to have those things until you DON'T have them! AND it's in town! No more driving 30-45 minutes every day for work! I'm thrilled. More time home, benefits, less driving, yay! It's a managing position at Aldi, by the way, in case you were wondering. I can't wait til he starts!

1 comments:

Kristina said...

We've been wanting to check out Discovery Depot... maybe this summer! Congratulations on Eric's new job!