On Tuesday, June 21st, we found out we're expecting another little family member! I believe this puts my due date around February 29, 2012. We don't go to the doctor for the first time until July 21st, so we'll see what they say!
Once again, Eric & I never trust those HPT's! With Aeson, we took four to make sure they were really saying positive. This time, after the first one, I went and bought one that says the word "Positive" or "Negative." It clearly came up with a "Positive." Eric & I were very excited! We debated on telling Westen now or later, since you never know what could happen. Eric was too excited and wanted to tell other people, though, and I thought Westen should be the very first to know, so we told him! He was thrilled! He keeps saying he wants it to be a girl, and whenever he refers to the baby he calls it a "her."
Since Westen was so excited (and I hate making announcements :)), we let him tell my sister and brother-in-law next, then Eric's parents, then my mom. Eventually Eric & I told the rest of our family and friends.
I haven't really had any symptoms, so I don't think I'm fully believing everything's okay until we see it on the sonogram! I have been a lot more tired and hungry more often. It seems like my stomach is always growling! It's been almost two weeks since we found out, and I am still hesitant to announce it. I figure that something can go wrong at any point, though, so why not go ahead and share? I think part of me is expecting things to go wrong simply because they practically did constantly with Aeson's pregnancy. This time around, though, I was already assured our chances at any of that happening again are very low, and I'm taking better care of myself than ever. I know so much more about so many things. I eat better than ever, walk daily, I'm taking my vitamins every.single.day this time, and I've tried getting rid of as many chemicals around us as possible (even changing out all of my makeup, hair products, and lotion last week).
I'm anxious to start getting what we need, but I want to wait until after our appointment. If all goes well there, I plan on hiring the local doula (hopefully she's available!), starting on our small list of things we'll need (which includes a dishwasher-- I for sure wanted to get one before nursing school! and a deep freeze so I can start preparing meals early!), and working a whole, whole lot with Aeson. He's very attached to his momma for one, he's still nursing (I've heard most wean during the second trimester and I HOPE HOPE HOPE he does that!), he's still in our bedroom, and I'd like to get him potty trained completely before then. Lots of changes for my little boy!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Wow!! Exciting news for you and your family Ash! :) Congrats! I hope everything goes well and I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!
Congratulations! Baby #3 very exciting!!!
Post a Comment