What an eventful week!
I first found out that I can't get loans for pre-nursing, because it is not a degree-seeking program. I don't really understand this, because it IS .. I mean, once you get those pre-req's done, you try to get into the bachelor's of nursing program, so it still leads up to one.. but I guess because it's just pre-req's and not actually part of the program, it's not. So frustrating! It seems like it has been one thing after another. So, it looks like I probably won't be going to school in the fall .. and that makes this summer class I took a complete waste of time and money! I think I could probably still try to get into a 2 year program around here (an associates rather than a bachelor's) and then eventually go back to get my bachelor's BUT I've heard bad things about the local program & how I'd never see my family, and I really don't want to drive out of town every day to go to class all day long. Nor do we have the money for that. So I'm kind of stuck!
Then, I figured out (after being very, very sick) that I'm pretty sure it was my prenatal vitamins causing me to feel so sick! I googled it, and it seems to be a problem for lots of people. I called the doctor to make sure it was okay but then switched back to over-the-counter ones I'd taken before I got pregnant. I also switched the time of day I was taking them from evening to lunch, and this seems to be working lots better!
Also on Wednesday, first thing in the morning, Aeson picked a glass up from the table and went to carry it out of the room, dropping it in the process and leaving a gaping cut on top of his foot. Since I'd never been in this situation before, I had no idea what to do! I called the doctor to see if we could get in and after speaking with the nurse, she said to bring him right over & they'd fit him in. They did right away, and right when she saw it, she said it would need stitches. :( It bled a LOT and was, in fact, still bleeding while we were waiting. Aeson was such a brave boy, though. He cried for a minute when the glass broke (but that may also have been due to me yelling to stop & sit down-- I was afraid he would walk through it all!), but then he didn't cry again (not even while the doctor gave him several shots in it to numb it) until the very last stitch & then he started crying a little. :( Poor guy! He did say several times (and then LOTS later that day) that it "hewts." Since then, we've cleaned it several times a day with Dial, put peroxide on it, and then bandaged it up with Neosporin. He's done GREAT every time we do this. We did go to the store and pick out Spongebob band-aid's, though, too! :)
Finally, yesterday, I found out I didn't get the job I interviewed for. I really hadn't expected to, but I had still been hopeful. It's really hard to apply for and interview for jobs over and over again and not get them. I'm going to keep searching, but part of me feels like maybe I'm just supposed to be a mom right now. I wish I could be content with just that! It's probably financial fear and fear of the future that stops me from feeling that way. I do want to work eventually (preferably once the kids are all in school), but I worry that I'll have difficulty finding a job after being out of the workforce for so long AND I'll have to retire at a very, very old age! Well, one day at a time, right?
In better news, we went shopping last weekend and got started on some school clothes for Westen (we found amazing deals at the children's place!) and found his backpack. (He picked Mario!) We later went and got almost all of his school supplies and found a matching Mario lunchbox. He admitted then that he's going to be nervous to eat with all the other kids! I told him everybody would be nervous at first, but he'll make friends & get used to it. I think I'm going to be just as nervous as he is when he starts school! A couple of weekends ago, he'd picked out his school shoes, so we're now almost all set!
Aeson has grown up so much lately, it seems! He's started talking in sentences regularly, and he refers to himself properly as "I" or "me." The sentences he uses are appropriate, and it's so strange to have a real conversation with him! (Adorable, too!) I'm pretty sure he can identify the letter B, but sometimes he'll point to another letter and say it's B too. He says "A, B, C, D" of the alphabet. He still doesn't recognize himself in pictures! When I ask, he always says it's Bentley or Daddy! Aeson's down to nursing 3 times a day finally! (and thankfully!) It's morning, nap, and bedtime.
The pregnancy is still pretty much the same.. nausea better but still have serious aversions to food. Nothing ever sounds good, so I end up waiting until I'm starving and then can eat whatever's around but I seem to have no tastebuds or something! For the last week or so, sandwich bread and red meat have sounded disgusting, so I haven't had either! When my vitamin was making me feel so ill, I'd wake up several times throughout the night & would be starving when I did, so I'd have to eat a little snack.. Combining this with being hungry much more often during the day, I think I've already gained a few pounds. :( I was really hoping not to gain any during the first trimester this time, but I can't help it. If I get too hungry, I feel VERY ill. (Same with too hot) We have our first doctor's appointment and sonogram coming up this week, and I can't wait. Hopefully everything will look good!

1 comments:
Hey Ash! :) Sounds like lots is going on with you and your little fam. Sorry to hear you didn't get the new job and with the whole mess up with the nursing program. That is so frustrating!! I hope one of these will work out for you! Good luck at your u/s this week, I am sure all will go well! Enjoy the kids! :)
Post a Comment