BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Days

It's finally been hot here, and we've been swimming quite a bit. Aeson is becoming more and more used to my dad's pool, but he still doesn't want to stay in for very long if he gets in and he clings to us the whole time he is in. He does like sitting on the side of the pool, though. I took the boys to Glenwood (the local public pool) the other day, and he LOVED it there. It starts out at 1.5 feet deep, though, so he was able to stand up and walk in it. He kept wanting to keep walking into the deeper part! We stayed for a couple of hours & had a good time! We'll have to go again sometime. It's nice right now, because kids 5 & under get in free, so I only have to pay for myself!

This last week, we moved some things around. Eric & I got a different bed, and Westen wanted our queen size bed instead of his twin size, so we moved our bed into his room and moved his bed into our back room. I'm still not sure what we're going to do as far as bedrooms and everything once this baby is here, but we'll figure it out.. It'll be in our bedroom for a while anyway. (Although I am definitely moving it to its own room while it's still a baby.. I've learned a lot with Aeson! lol)

We also had our washer go out.. We had a service man come, and he said the motor was going out. That's a costly fix, so we debated between fixing it or buying a new one. Luckily, a friend of mine is moving back in with his parents, so he offered to sell us his washer for a good price! We picked it up this weekend, and I've never been so glad to do laundry!

I also heard back from the financial aid office at WIU, and apparently they just have to deny me because I withdrew but now that I appealed, all they have to know is that I've been advised for the fall semester & all should be good. I'm still not completely sure what I'm going to do as far as school goes, but I'll figure it out.

We've really just been enjoying summer.. I love being able to go on walks every night. We bought a basketball recently and have been playing that at the nearest school playground. Aeson's talking more and more.. He repeats just about anything these days! The other day, I was counting blocks for him and after I said 8, he said "Nine" .. He's said it several more times since then & it makes me wonder how much he really knows and doesn't say! Lately, he's been pointing out letters and colors too, but every letter is a "B" and every color was "yellow." I think he's getting better with colors now, though. We bought Westen's school shoes this weekend. He picked them out, and he LOVES them. He's so excited to wear them. I can't wait to pick out all his school supplies & clothes.

Oh, we also went to a fireworks show last night. We sat in the van and watched. The noise didn't bother Westen at all (hopefully this is getting better??), and Aeson was ooohing and ahhing. They both loved them and fell asleep on the way home!

Happy 4th of July!

0 comments: