I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I think it was my favorite so far!
We all slept in, after celebrating Eric's 30th birthday the night before. I woke up to Eric making all of us breakfast! After eating and spending a lazy morning inside, we went to lunch with Eric's parents and his brother's family. It was a good time, and we got his mom a couple of gifts, in hopes of showing how VERY much we appreciate her. After lunch, we got movies and I even got a little nap! Eric's always very helpful with the kids, but he was even more so. We all went out to play after that, and it was a wonderful day to just sit outside. I LOVE our backyard, now that we got our landscaping done! My sister and her family came over for dinner (leftovers from the night before) & our mom stopped by briefly. We headed to Grandma's after that to spend some time with her, and then came home and went on a nice walk. The boys were tired once we got home, so they headed to bed, while we got things ready for Monday & then ended the night watching New Year's Eve together.
It really was a great day! I was glad to see everyone we got to see & even more glad that I got to spend the whole day with my family! Mothers definitely do a lot, and we definitely have a lot of things to be thankful to them for.. but I'm thankful for my kids, every single day. They made me a mom and have made me the person I am today. I'm thankful for THEM! (And my helpful and thoughtful husband.. I couldn't be half the mom I am if it weren't for him)
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Happy mother's day Ash! Sounded like a lovely day! xoxo
I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day! You deserve it! :)
Post a Comment