Last week was full of so many mixed feelings! I felt..
proud to have been accepted into the program (did I say there are only 30 of us?)
so worried about my baby girl
thankful for the opportunity
excited for all the learning
sad I'm going to miss out on time with my babies
scared that I can't do it
certainty that I can do it
bored at times
overwhelmed with all the reading and homework
nervous, especially the first day
happy that I'm where I'm meant to be & doing what I'm certain I'm meant to be doing
glad that my prior education and experience only add to this
incredibly thankful for my husband who made all of us meals, kept up the house, and took care of my babies; my family and friends for support; my mother-in-law for watching my babies too, so they don't have to be somewhere they don't know; and my grandma for her constant help-- she surprised us with dinner one night, offered to watch the boys another night so Eric & I could go to dinner, and watched the boys for several hours on Saturday so I could do homework
It totally depends on the day & what's going on, both at school and at home, whether I feel good or bad about all of it. I'm hoping this will be the last week Aubryn has difficulty.. In my experience, it usually takes babies two full weeks to get used to something new. Eric & I have worked pretty well together with all the changes. I think it's good for both of us!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
Sometimes, you have to put yourself first and this is a FANTASTIC oppertunity for you. I can imagine all the mixed emotions about being excited but leaving the family behind but you have to think long term and where you can be in a month, in a year. Kids WILL adapt better than you think and it's just getting used to something different. Aubryn will be fine, don't beat yourself up over this. xxx
You are dealing with a lot! Hang on to the feelings that tell you that you can do it, because I know you can! xoxo
Post a Comment