BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nursing School - Week One

I'm about halfway through my first week of nursing school!

Monday was orientation.. It was pretty scary! The director talked about how it's much easier to get into nursing school than stay in, how med school is easier (vet school is the only thing harder, she said), how we have to have no other responsibilities & must say "goodbye" to our family & friends (they'll have us all our lives, she said, while nursing school only takes 4 semesters), how she'll embarrass us if we don't do the work we're supposed to, and on and on.. And if we don't do these things, we won't make it. How we appear is also very strict, and we'll be sent home if we don't follow the guidelines. It's pretty nerve-wracking!

Filling out my planner was also overwhelming.. I have my schedule now, and I don't think it's that bad; however, all the homework we have to do is INSANE. Every class period, there are countless exercises due and TONS of reading. Just for one class this first week, we have to read 200 pages. It's going to be tons of work, but I'm sure the four semesters will go by very quickly.

Eric's on vacation this week, and things seem to be going pretty well. He's done a great job at keeping up on housework and while the meals he's made haven't been the healthiest, at least I have someone to cook for me/us! I'm worried about his return to work next week, because things will get much harder! We'll manage, though, I'm sure!

Little miss Aubryn still would not take a bottle, even when I was gone all day. She's eating some solids now, so Eric's been feeding her those when I'm gone. She's been more fussy, but nothing he hasn't been able to handle. She's such a different baby than Mr. Aeson was, and for that, I'm thankful! I think she's teething again on top of all the changes, so she's been a little off this week.. I'm sure we'll get into the swing of things, though.

I miss my babies, and it makes me tear up when I have to read or go to class instead of spending time with them.. But once I'm in class, I'm fine, and I really am excited to get started on my career.

When I visited my midwife last week for a physical, she was talking to a student who was with her and said, "Ashley will be interested in this. She's going to be a midwife someday." I love that she barely knows me really but has that much confidence in me.. confidence I don't have in myself! I'm so glad I met her, though, and I really do hope I can make it through and study under her one day. She's a fabulous woman!

1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Go ash! You WILL be a midwife one day. :) xoxo