Get my Internet working and my desire to blog up and I blog like crazy! Unfortunately, I think I've lost some readers.. Boo. :(
So, we're considering moving to Eric's hometown. It's about a half hour from where we currently live and we're there pretty often. Eric's parents live there and my mom owns a business there. We would have grandparents blocks away and be able to work out for free! (and take the kids with!) It's a smaller (non college!) town too, which I think would be nice. We started looking at houses and unfortunately, there's almost nothing in our price range! There are also several other people looking in our range, so anything that does come up is immediately snatched. We would have to sell our home first, so that gives us a bit of a disadvantage.
We found one home that we actually just put an offer in for this past week. It's an older home, like our current one is. I love the charm and originality of older homes. It's four bedroom, two full bath.. has an upstairs.. a garage.. a fenced back yard.. nice neighborhood.. fireplace, dining room, full basement. It's pretty much perfect.. BUT.. no central air and baseboard heat (which means we'd have to put in a new furnace and all the duct work and all for central air.. on which the price is doubled because it's a 2 story home).. and the people took very poor care of the home, so everything needs repainted, re-carpeted, etc.. I think it'd be beautiful once all of that was done. It's actually bank owned, so they have up to a week to get back to us.. but I'm not expecting them to take our offer. We only offered about half because of all the work that needs done. We'll see!
I still haven't decided about schools for Westen and this leaves me even more unsure now. I don't know whether to even think about the schools here if we're just going to be moving-- and on the same note, I probably won't want Westen to even start here if we're not going to stay here. Our state is in a bad place right now financially and things are being cut all over.. Resulting in Eric's hometown cutting their pre-k program completely. Our current town has reduced it to half a day, which is fine by me because it's not something Westen NEEDS. He actually had the pre-k screening the other day and of course did well. He got a score of 28 and you had to get 21 or above. So they take the kids who need it first and then offer it to others. The lady doing the screening said Westen was so smart and polite. It was funny to listen to him answer her and figure things out. I have to say I was much more impressed with the public school than the private Catholic one we had also visited.
So much up in the air!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
I'm still reading and I have moved to blogger but have hardly any followers (hint hint) :)
We are once again in the same position as we are going to view a house to rent on Tuesday, until then we don't know what its really like so I am trying not to get too excied but we will see. Kids adapt very easily to new surroundings whilst young so for Westen, it's probably better to move now than later. Very few homes are PERFECT when you move in but some things can be pricey to correct but all the best with your offer. x
Post a Comment