I need to write more often! I can't remember even a fraction of what has happened by the time I get on here.
Eric started his new job, and it's not going too badly. He likes it. I don't too much care for him not getting home until 7pm (as we eat dinner and then go to bed since Aeson's ready!), but it is nice having him home in the mornings to help and having that time between 5:30-7 to get things done around here and just enjoy the kids myself. That was one long sentence.
Daycare is going pretty well. The hardest time is when Aeson is nursing.. Luckily he doesn't take long, but it's hard to keep up with the other kids while I'm doing that. I've been doing it for a little over 3 months and I'm learning the whole time!
Aeson is 8 months old now. He still isn't crawling, but he rolls over every time he's laid down now and certainly tries very hard. He bounces up and down and claps when he sees me or Eric. I've been trying to teach him sign language but now he just uses clapping for everything! Haha. He just recently has started making "mum mum" noises and laughing when we laugh. He's laughed AT things for a long time (and is VERY ticklish!) but now it's so cute to hear him laugh just because we are. He's a wonderful child and is getting SO big. He's in 18-24 month clothes. He eats crackers and little puff things.. Doesn't do real well with real food, though. He barely eats any food for breakfast or lunch but will typically eat most of a jar for dinner. He absolutely refuses cereal and meat, which unfortunately is where he's supposed to be getting a lot of nutrients! Last time we went to the doc, she said it was still fine because he was getting everything he needs from me, but I would expect that would start to change as he gets older. I don't think we'll need to worry about his size, though! :) He just recently got his second ear infection. :( Everyone in the daycare had horrible coughs and runny noses and I guess he got it from that. It still seems to be bothering him. I can't wait until he's feeling better and back to my normal, happy baby.
Westen is getting SO big. I can't even believe how old he is. He's good most of the time, but we've had some difficulty with him being mouthy already! I love his help with the daycare, because he always tells me if somebody's going to do something they shouldn't. He's a huge help and the babies LOVE him. They all smile at him. :) It's so hard having two kids, because since I had Aeson I feel like I'm harder on Westen, expect more out of him, and don't have as much time for him. I'm sure if I feel like that, he does too. Your whole view just changes, though, and the older sibling IS the one who should know better, etc. I just have to try hard to remember he's still just a little boy. A lot of things will change too once Aeson becomes more independent of me, I think. He is so attached that we can never leave him for more than just a very short time. Eventually, we'll be able to give each of the boys their own time. It sort of scares me for having more kids, though! I want a big family, but I know issues like this will get harder with each one!
Being home and Acey being so needy has been good for us, though.. We've been able to bond in a way that I don't think we were quite able to, as he was whisked away at birth and then in NICU for 10 days, with me barely being able to hold him the first several days. I can't even remember that time in our lives without getting tearful. It still affects me greatly.
We're considering moving! More on this later... :)
Hello out there!
9 years ago

2 comments:
you sound so happy and it's so nice to read your updates. Good job for you continuing with the nursing despite the daycare busy-ness, etc. Zach is a picky eater and hates meat too...
moving = stress. :(
Have a good weekend!
Ugh.. I feel the same way about parenting with two. Since my oldest is three, and is very mature for a 3 yo, I think I tend to expect him to be able to handle a lot and have to remind myself throughout the day that he's still a baby, too. I do try, even if it's just at bedtime, to snuggle up with him and remind him that he's my baby... and when he does do what I ask of him I try to still make a really big deal of it (even if it's just listening to me when I tell him he needs to not grab coffee off the counter ;). It's got to be tough being the oldest -- I'm the youngest in my family, but have a newfound appreciation for the oldest kids:) But I do think that sometimes a little pushing can be good for the older kids -- they don't have kids telling them they should be doing more grown-up things, they only have us. From what I hear from moms with multiple kids, younger kids often don't need the adult direction about behavior/expectations because they get it from their older siblings and always want to be doing the things the big kids are doing anyway... but the oldest doesn't have that so needs some extra nudging.
But when all else fails, and you feel like you've pushed too hard, sitting down and telling him you're sorry goes a long way, I think.
Good luck with everything! You've got a lot going on!! :)
Post a Comment