My kids are growing up! They're playing more and more together, and I have more and more 'me' time (although still not very much!). It's weird to be doing something by myself and realize Aeson's in playing with Westen and is perfectly entertained. Thank goodness for big brothers! Aeson's gotten more attached to Daddy too lately.. I think especially since I started going to class and he spends 5+ hours alone with them each week. They've pretty much turned it into a movie night. It makes me happy that they're all so happy together, even without me (although Westen does tell me every time that they missed me! :)). I don't know if I've already mentioned this (sorry if I have), but Aeson just falls asleep next to Eric too while they're watching whatever movie. It's crazy to me!
We had Aeson's 18 month checkup yesterday. He could do absolutely every single thing on the 18 month questionnaire, no problem. There was also a signs of autism questionnaire this time and all of those answers were 'normal' too. He's my big, big boy. 32.5 lbs now and 35 inches long. She commented on how good he was when she was examining him. (She should've been in the room 5 minutes earlier, when he was trying to open every single thing in there! lol) She said she has absolutely no concerns about him whatsoever. It is time for his regular sonogram and bloodwork again :(, so we'll be doing that Monday. You have no idea how much I dread that. His doctor asked if I had any questions about vaccinations, saying again that they would give them to him however and whenever I wanted to. I told her I didn't, and she asked if I had brought the information I'd mentioned before. I had actually gone to print it off the day before, but the place was closed, so I did send it to her after I got home. We'll see what she has to say about it. She also recommended Aeson start drinking fluoridated water, since he nurses at night and won't drink cow's milk (and is therefore not receiving much vitamin D). I knew I had read some things about fluoride, but I couldn't remember exactly what off the top of my head, so I didn't say anything then.. but then I got home and started reading about it. The American Dental Association even says absolutely no fluoride before the age of 2 (even in water mixed with formula) because it has been shown to damage adult teeth. I've read more risks since then, so I don't think we'll be doing that. I'm just going to try to brush his teeth more often, wipe them with a cloth after he falls asleep, and increase his vitamin D. The next time he goes for a checkup will be when he's TWO! I can't believe that! It's too close!
Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Eric had flowers delivered to me this weekend, which was sweet. :) We made homemade strawberry heart tarts (like poptarts) on Sunday. Yesterday, the kids woke up to little gifts for them-- we got them matching jammies, a tiny bit of chocolate, and a stuffed animal. We made heart-shaped pancakes, and then made felt heart necklaces. Westen made one for Calla too. :) He had his party at school that afternoon, and Aunt Chelsea also brought over little gifts for the kids. We got the daycare kids little stuffed animals as well and made them necklaces too. We made a quick trip to Dairy Queen after picking Westen up for school and that was about our day! I had to spend the evening in class, but at least we have next Monday off! I really actually enjoy going to class too.
Today, we went over to our friend Shannon's (and her daughter Calla's) house. On the way, I got the kids each a hashbrown.. We ended up having to stop on the way there because Aeson was not only eating the hashbrown but also eating the paper it was wrapped in!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Okay...the flouride thing.
YES!! It does damage adult teeth. I am proof. I have brown spots all over my 2 front teeth, because growing up our tap water had TO MUCH flouride in it. It is a huge embarrassment to me. Not really daily, but kids that really don't know any different always say to me "Hey, do you know you have brown spots on your teeth?" or the horrifying one "Why are your teeth all dirty and gross like that?". =(
Stick to your guns. He can get Vitamin D in LOTS of different places than cows milk! Think of all the people that HATE milk!
Different foods...vitamins.. And you got it covered. =)
Don't you just love how I ALWAYS am putting my 2 cents (or is it sense) in??? ;)
Post a Comment