BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, February 10, 2011

If it's not one thing...!

After not going to the doctor for years (with the exception of pregnancy), I had to go AGAIN today! Yesterday, I rushed around getting three babies bundled up and out the door to go get Westen from school, which is a chaotic to begin with.. And then after picking up Westen and Calla, we get back home, I get two babies inside, Aeson starts following me back outside (and in the meantime, about letting an outdoor cat we DON'T want inside in).. so I'm telling him "No, no! Stay" while grabbing the other baby and trying to get inside quickly, and I round the corner of the van and FALL. Ouch! It hurt worse than any fall I've ever taken! I was shaky and hurt for a little bit, and it tore my favorite jeans! My knee took most of the fall and it's still all banged up and bloody. I had thought that was mostly it.. My hand/wrist hurt too but it's been hurting for a while due to my carpal tunnel (I think). As the evening wore on, though, it continued to hurt worse and Eric rubbing it made it hurt even worse. I took Ibuprofen I had left from my C-section and Tylenol, and neither one helped. It kept waking me up last night and it hurts even to have it resting! This morning, I felt shaky and almost like vomiting, it hurt so bad! I've never fractured or broken anything! I knew there was no way I was making it through the day without going to the doctor, though, so I waited, watching the clock, until I could call to get in!

I ended up spending 2.5 hours there! Saw the doctor first, and she said it didn't look good. The place it hurts in is one of the top three signs for fractures, so she said we needed to do Xrays. Went over to the hospital to get that done and waited FOREVER for the results. They didn't tell me what they were but said I needed to go back to the doctor's office. I get back over there, and they tell me they couldn't tell if I had a fracture or not. Ugh! So I don't know how much the xrays are going to cost, but I'll be basically paying for NOTHING. They also couldn't find a splint, so I was faced with 3 options.. Go to the ER & be checked out all over again b/c they have splints there, go to the orthopedic surgeon, OR get a CT scan.. which she said was thousands of dollars. Not good choices for someone without insurance! I said whatever was cheapest, so she was going to call the orthopedic doc and see when I could get in there. In the meantime, the doctor DID find a splint, so they decided instead to just have me wear that for the next week and get xrays again next Thursday. I didn't really understand that b/c she said if it does look fractured next week, they'll have to send me to Dr. White. I guess maybe just trying to get a definitive answer and save me money?? Because if it isn't fractured, I won't have to spend anymore money, other than the visits again next week.. But I'd also kind of like to just KNOW, instead of wait around for a week. I also have to wear it 24/7, except when I'm in the shower & she said to get it right back on after I get out... It's my right hand, so that really limits me! Ugggh!!!

I am, however, thankful that it was me that was hurt and not the baby! I'm also thankful I had no kids today & was able to go to the doctor. Eric did have to drive home from 45 minutes away to watch the kids, though, and then drive back. :(

It still hurts really bad with the splint on. I got some pain meds but the one dose I've taken didn't seem to do much. I'm clenching my teeth constantly b/c it hurts so bad!

Westen's been so concerned! He keeps telling me he knows he didn't do it, but he's still sorry I'm hurt! He's such a sweetie. He's also been telling me lately that he loves me "all around the whole country" and he'll incorporate different endings into that, like about the Earth and planets and so on!

I'm looking forward to Valentine's Day with the kids! I got little stuffed animals for the daycare kids today while I was waiting on my prescription and also picked out dinosaur valentines for Westen's class. He LOVES them! Aeson was looking at them after him, imitating the excited noise Westen had made. It was too funny! He tries to copy everything big brother does!

1 comments:

Kristina said...

Sorry you're dealing with this!! I'm sure it's not easy keeping up with all your kiddos! Hope it gets better fast :)