Westen's fifth birthday was great! He got to wear a crown and be the line leader at school, and he also took treats we'd made for snack time. He came home with a birthday folder and in it, each child had drawn him a picture! I thought that was a cute idea. Lots & lots of people came for his party. We had it at our house this year and had pizza and a Batman themed cake. He got SO many nice gifts and had a blast playing with his friends. I love having people over & getting to see everybody. It's absolutely crazy to think how many toys we're going to have when we have more children, though. It's crazy with just the two of them! Westen really loved everything he got.. He got several artsy gifts, a few hex bugs, a couple air hogs, a preschool workbook, several movies, some Lego sets, and lots more. We got him a scooter, the Batman costume for his Build-A-Bear (Cubbie), and books about sharks, dinosaurs, and the planet Earth.
We spend the rest of the weekend at Fun City. I'm not sure we'll be doing that again anytime soon! Restaurant experiences are quite interesting with Aeson. There was also a new balloon game at Fun City that popped, so as soon as Westen heard that, he didn't even want to play anymore. We'd already put money on the card, so we didn't want to just waste it, but his refusal to uncover his ears and play anything made it less than enjoyable! He's had this hearing sensitivity for as long as I can remember. I think I'm going to ask the doctor about it next time we see her actually. Aeson had a fun time running back and forth, checking out the games, and 'helping' us play. We did some shopping & swimming at the hotel that evening. Westen LOVES swimming. Aeson was very hesitant! He ended up getting in the hot tub with me for a little bit but that's about all he would do!
Monday, it started snowing here. They were predicting a pretty big winter storm. Thank goodness for me, class was canceled that night. It did end up snowing a LOT. Probably the most snow I can recall ever seeing. I'm not sure what the end totals were, but I think it was over 20 inches. I'm hoping to post some pictures later this afternoon. Luckily for us, the power never went out and we had no significant ice or anything bad result from the storm! We got a couple of snow days too! We went out to play in it yesterday and Westen can lay on top of the snow without even going through! Aeson started to play but quickly had enough!
Toddlerhood must be such a hard stage! Aeson has been particularly fussy the last couple of days. I will be so happy when he can communicate more! He has no patience right now and gets frustrated so easily! Tuesday, the day the blizzard really started, was a particularly rough day for us. I left the boys in the living room watching tv to go downstairs and start laundry.. After a couple of minutes, I heard Aeson crying, so I ran upstairs to find that he turned both faucets on in the bathroom and there was standing water on the floor! I cleaned it all up, and it scared him from turning the water on for a couple days, but now he's back at it! I also accidentally broke a Corel plate that morning (didn't even know that was possible!) AND Aeson got a whole box of spaghetti out and spilled it ALL over the house. What a day!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Happy Birthday to Westen!! :) Sounds like Aeson's a little troublemaker, hehe! Hope you're doing okay with all the cold weather and the storms!
Post a Comment