BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas tree, classes, baby girl things

We put up our Christmas tree this past weekend! Can you believe it?! It's the earliest we've ever put it up! Eric had the weekend off work, though, which is an unusual occurrence, so we figured we better take advantage of it. It's a little strange, because it's been almost 70 degrees here! Very nice for mid-November! The kids have loved having it up. Westen turns the lights on every evening and off every morning. Aeson enjoys taking the ornaments off the tree AND taking our stockings down! Westen REALLY wanted to have colored lights and a star on top (we usually have white lights and a ribbon on top), so we let him pick those out. We had fun putting it up, but I admit it did feel pretty weird with it not even being Thanksgiving yet!


We're wrapping up the end of the semester! We've lost about half the class in A&P - most dropped after the last test. I think there are 13 of us left.. and I believe only 8 are getting a C or above. I'm THANKFULLY getting a 96% right now. It has been a LOT of work, but it IS really interesting. I've learned all sorts of things about the body. The body really is amazing! Chemistry has not been near as bad as I thought it would be. Our teacher is so sweet and kind, and she really makes things much easier than they would be in any other class, I'm sure! My other two classes have been online, which is nice not to have to go to class, but they have added a LOT of extra work. Nutrition was actually really interesting, but there's no way I can remember all that stuff! Lifespan was really a waste of time b/c I'd already taken the class 6 years ago but had to retake it b/c it had been over 5 years.. grr! I have been so lucky that I've felt really well during this semester. I've only missed one chemistry class (on Halloween- to take the kids trick-or-treating) & had to leave one A&P class a little early. Both teachers let me make up everything without missing any points. I do homework constantly, but I just hope it will be worth it in the end! There's a general test (TEAS) you have to take as part of your application for nursing school, and I really need to get that done. It's hard to find the time for anything extra!

We went to a holiday bazaar this past weekend, and I bought more girly things. I certainly hope baby's a girl, or I'm going to be out a lot of money! :) I bought a pair of adorable pink baby legs and some really nice burp cloths a lady makes. We have the bassinet already next to the bed, and it is FILLED with baby things. We REALLY need to get a dresser. I also go very lucky and a friend (who's a photographer) was selling all her headbands, flowers, and hats, and I got a great deal on all of those! I'm super thankful for the 'for sale in' sites on facebook, because I've so far gotten ALL the clothes from there & they're super cheap & you can't even tell they've been used! I'm anxious to start on the bedroom.. hopefully during Christmas break.

Aeson had his sonogram and bloodwork last week, and he did SO great. He took a toy with him and played with that while they did the sono. He got a little whiny at the end but I think he was just sick of lying there. They only had to stick him once for the bloodwork, and he didn't even do anything until after they took the needle out and he said "owww." I hate that he has to go through this, but he's such a strong boy. While we were there, I realized that when he's due for it all again, I'm not sure I'll be taking him because that's when baby will be due! The three months between always go by SO fast, so it was quite a shock realizing that! Oh, and excellent news was that his AFP level was back down to normal - SUCH a relief! Sono came back normal too!

3 comments:

Good Timing said...

Love this positive entry! You sound like you're totally rocking school which is awesome. And yay for all the new baby girl stuff! I'm sure she will end up being a girl! She just has to be! LOL! Great news about Aeson! :)
Ps. What kind of things do you want to know to help you guess the sex of the baby?? Then I will make a post about it! :)

Tia said...

hey ashley! just wanted to let you know, i locked up my blog and have a new blog at (diet coke fiend (no spaces) . wordpress.com) take care!

Jenn said...

I can't believe you have your tree up already! :) I refuse to put mine up until after Thanksgiving. I looked all over for some new Thanksgiving decorations this year, and I am starting to think that I am the only one who still decorates for this! All I could find were Christmas things, even before Halloween was over!!

I *hated* Lifespan when I took it, but I think it mostly had to do with the instructor I had at the time!

Yay for a baby girl! :) I felt the same way (hesitant about whether they were right) when they told me Boo would be a girl. I was half expecting a surprise the day she was born!

I'm so glad that Aeson's appointment went smoothly. It cannot be fun for a little guy to have to do this stuff, but how great is it that everything came back normal?! :)