BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Sunday, November 6, 2011

My birthday!

Yesterday was my 28th birthday! My camera batteries were dead, so I didn't get any pictures, but we did get some of it on video camera!


We were planning to have a get together at our house, but hardly anyone was able to make it, and we were all feeling pretty crummy the couple days before, so we decided to cancel it. I was pretty bummed, but it still ended up being okay.

Eric had the day off of work. We spent the morning doing things around the house.. nothing special!.. and finishing our grocery shopping (poor Acey had fallen asleep in the cart the day before when I'd started, so I just stopped & headed home to get him to bed!). I got a very nice card from my grandma and some birthday money, so I took us out to eat for lunch. We actually got a nap that afternoon, and Westen sat in bed brushing my hair the entire time! I loved it! Both boys kept telling me "happy birthday" all day. They're so sweet. :)

My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came over for dinner. I just made some simple appetizer stuff, so I didn't have to actually cook anything! We played board games and hung out for the evening. The kids enjoyed singing me happy birthday, and we had brownies & ice cream for dessert.

One of my friends stopped by with a gift, which was soap, lotion, lip gloss, a candle, and some hand soap.. The hand soap is something like caramel expresso pumpkin or something like that - It is so me! My sister got me a new water bottle, measuring cups and spoons, and a cook book with freezer recipes! I can't wait to look through it and pick out things to freeze for after baby! She got some other things too, but my brain isn't remembering them right now! They were all such thoughtful gifts. I got a gift card for the coffee shop I love from my dad's wife, and I got more birthday money from my in-law's and my mom. I rarely spend money on myself.. I hesitate to buy even little things like makeup and nail polish.. so I'm planning on buying some of those things for myself with the money- and a couple of other things I need!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy (belated) birthday!! Sorry that your get together fell through, but I'm glad that you had a good day!

I have a hard time spending money on myself, too. I think it's a MOM thing!