Well, we're starting to get into a routine around here it seems like. It always get messed up if we leave for the day. I have to go back to work in two weeks too, which I'm dreading. My little 9 week old boy will be at daycare all day long. :( I'm not sure how nursing will go after that either. I'm going to continue as long as I can, but he already has problems after having a bottle, so I'm expecting he will after he eats from them all day. :(
I had my six week check-up this past week. Everything went well, which is good. I've come to dread doctor appointments, because it seems they've only brought bad news for the past several months. Anyway, I asked her about the probabilities of problems like we had in future pregnancies. She said the knot in the cord was just a freak thing.. In her 18 years, she's seen 10 of them- one of which was ours. She said the previa is also a random thing. If it should happen again, the only additional problem it could cause were if it were right behind my incision.. then that could mean problems for me but not for the baby. Then, she said there is actually less of a chance of getting pre-eclampsia again, as long as it is same mother and father. The chances of pre-eclampsia increase when it is a different father. She said there's some research being done about this. If you don't know, pre-eclampsia is much like the baby is 'poisoning' your body. I found it odd that your body would know that it was dealing with different chromosomes than it had previously.. and pretty interesting too. But biology or whatever needs to know that with me, the change in fathers was a GOOD thing. :)
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
WEIRD! I wonder if that's why I got so violently ill with HG during Bella, Ben, and Lucy's pregnancies... and not very sick at all with Sophie. Everything I read said that the HG should have been worst with the first pregnancy... maybe it was assuming that there were the same father for each. Hmmm... I wonder.
Post a Comment