Westen
Westen has been quite funny over the last week.
One day, I was telling him there were blankets in the basket by the sink. He had walked into the kitchen (where the basket was) and again asked where they were. The conversation went like this..
"By the sink Westen."
"What?"
"By the sink!" (louder)
"What? I can't hear you!"
"BY THE SINK!" (even louder)
"By the seat?" hahaha
"No! By the SINNNKK."
"Ohh.. by the sink!"
Haha, why I didn't just get up and show him I don't know.. maybe I was occupied by Baby at the time.. can't really remember!
He has also started this thing lately (going along with his dramatic attitude lately) about going to people's houses. He will say "But I thought I was going to Aunt Chelsea's house. Or grandma's house. Or Optimus Prime's house. I'll never get to go to anyone's house!" He always sticks in Optimus Prime or Batman or some such superhero's house.
Westen also saw a commercial about Aspbergers and officially thinks it is the funniest word ever. He first said "They can't say that! That's a bad word." I told him that it wasn't and since then, he has asked me several times "Are you sure?" followed by "Are you telling the truth?" (Another thing he has started asking about things :) .. because I'm often asking him this!)
Westen went to his first football game last weekend. He loved it! We're going to go to another this weekend.
He also got his flu shot yesterday. He did very well! We talked about it a lot in the days before. He decided the morning of that he was NOT going to get one. He ended up being fine, though, and I held him on my lap. He started screaming a little when she was coming toward him with the needle but didn't cry until she was actually pushing the serum into him. Then he only cried for a minute, which was a relief for me! He's been very concerned with no one touching that arm since, though!
Aeson
Aeson is 7 weeks old now! Westen was smiling frequently by this point and we have yet to see even the hint of a smile from Aeson. :( In fact, it is him this time that I don't have many updates on! He's still my precious little newborn.. I never really know whether to think of him as a 7 week old or to think of him as even younger, since he was born 4 weeks earlier than he was supposed to be. I'm still dreading going back to work and being away from him that long. We went to our first Le Leche League meeting last night and it was helpful to hear from other mommies who have done it.. and I got several books to read, which have made me feel better and given me tips for once we start. I plan on getting into the routine next week. :( Tomorrow is Aeson's surgery follow-up appointment. I expect all to go well, since he has shown no more signs of any problems.
He seems to sleep better on nights he has had a bath. Last night, he slept four and a half hours in one stretch! I've tried the bedtime bath & lotion, but it makes him too sleepy to nurse fully and then he wakes frequently to begin nursing.. which resulted in less sleep for me! So I think we're done with that stuff for a while!
Oh! I had to put a bunch of Aeson's clothes away already. :( He's outgrown all the newborn ones. Some he only wore once. Luckily my sister just found out she's having a boy (yay!!), so my first little nephew will get to re-use some of the clothes.
hosted by Lerin at mycatholicfamily.blogspot.com
Hello out there!
9 years ago

4 comments:
I like this entry. It's fun and shows just why our kids are all great. You sound happy writing it too. Hope tomorrows appointment goes well for you all. x
LOVE this entry. The comments about Westen made me smile. :) I can't believe little Aeson is 7 weeks. Time goes by so quickly, doesn't it?
Westem sounds SO cute and like he's so much fun. and little Aeson... wow... 7 weeks. Yay for bathtimes and longer stretches of sleep! thinking of you xoxo
My husband uses the insult Ass-Burger. So you can imagine our reaction is similar. We are right on the same level as Westen there. LOL!
Post a Comment